Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am pretty new here and just recently bought a silver 2002 focus svt. the first thing i want to do is upgrade my headlights. i am wanting projectors with the turn signal integrated in with the lights so i can use the grille with no lights (i think it cleans up very well) also hids would be a plus. this is only my second car and i have no experience in customizing vehicles a kit with really easy installation would be a plus and if you refer any lights please tell me if there any problems i should look for in those lights that you know of thanks alot guys

i am actually looking at these on ebay 200 shipped if anybody knows about the quality or problems with these let me know a little afrraid because i read somewhere the halos burn out unless i get a resistor or something like that

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Accessories_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__HID-00-01-02-03-04-FORD-FOCUS-HALO-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS_W0QQitemZ310106157004QQddnZPartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadiZ2865QQddiZ2811QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item310106157004&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
let me just tell you...you chose a nice focus!

those lights look nice man...i bought an ebay set for my fofo and i LOVE them!

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
thats one of the better sets ive seen on ebay, but there will be some wiring involved, they are never plug and play.

and [welcome] to ff.com [ffrocks]

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Yeah, the lights aren't bad. I mean, factory is always better.

If you get those, be sure to get a set of lamin-x for them and install it before even installing the headlights. Those are known for the clear coat on the lens to start peeling over time. Like mine.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
thats one of the better sets ive seen on ebay, but there will be some wiring involved, they are never plug and play.

and [welcome] to ff.com [ffrocks]

haha i don't know about that...my projector halos were completely plug and play man

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
go back man! i have gone black too...i think that chrome is just like all the other chome housings on other cars...black stands out

also, on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being the easiest and 10 being the hardest, it's def a 0 man

it's as easy as un bolting the stockers and puttin in your new housings

·
Registered
936 Posts
Ohhh, I like those also. I wonder if factory lenses would fit or not. That would clear up some of the clear coat issues, and probably clean up the light output as well. Def bookmarking that seller. Once I have my suspension done, I think lights are next. Well ... lights and figuring out what all I did to my front clip when I ran over a huge metal flower pot. :p

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,785 Posts
I have the black one of those exact lights with out the hids I love them. Just had to tweak the adjustments so I could see down the road.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,785 Posts
I wired them into the parking lights. It wasn't too bad took like an hour cause I didn't realize that there was a bolt under the car holding the light in lol.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
U can either splice them, or cut the center turn signal connectors, put connectors on both wires and connect them that way. Either way it is a piece of cake, the the part that took me the longest was getting them aligned right. And they still arent super with the light throw, the ebay lenses arent good, i'm gonna be swaping the OEM lenses on mine pretty soon. Here's a pic of the ones i have:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Shoot obocecha (Erik) a pm, he did a swap on them... By the way, [welcome]

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,785 Posts
All you have to do is heat the sealant around the lenses and carefully pull up the tabs holding them on. I have to reseal the damn ebay ones because they keep freaking fogging up. The previous owner had cut my turn indcators parking light wire so I just used butt connectors to splice into it. if you want pics pm me your email I have a hole bunch of pics. They're pics of install there is a how to on sealing your headlights you could use that for lens removal.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I could've told him that, i'm just trying to get him someone that has done it that can give him some detail...

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
those are the exact lights that i have for my car except in black. if your svt is silver i suggest going with chrome but its really up to you. if you want bling bling go with chrome. if you want badass go with black. it is extremely easy to put them in. all you do is disconnect the wire harness from the back of the stockers. its s simple clip. and unbolt them take em out put the projectors in bolt em down hook up the wire harnesses and your done except for the halos. the first bit shouldnt take 10 minutes. depending on how you want to wire your halos it could take between 5 more minutes and an hour. i wired mine to a LED toggle switch in my car so i can leave them on when i park the car if i want and that took me about an hour because i couldnt find the damn hole in the firewall so i ran it thru the driverside door. i have left the halos on in my car for 12 hours and it didnt even come close to draining the battery. im on a quest to find HID bulbs for myself tho. the bulbs in the projectors you're looking at and that i have arent the same as the bulbs in the stockers. im sure they are out there it is just a matter of figuring out what they are.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
The stock bulbs are H4, the mach a likes are H1's... If u put HID's in them, u will have to file the hole bigger where the original bulb is to make it fit...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts