Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i have chosen not to do F.I on my car. hiowever, i think im going to continue to mod it N/A. Seeing that im keeping it n/a, im evidently not trying to make it alot faster. i want response. So my next mods will be this:

Focus Sport Race Header (is there an aftermarket that fits)
Focus Sport crank Pulley
AEM Exhaust Cam Gear
ARP Cam Gear Bolt
C-F-M 65mm Throttlebody (Does JR make one for the SVT?)
VF Engineering Solid passenger and Driverside motor mounts
Fidanza Clutch
Clutchmasters stage 1 or 3 clutch (depending on opinions)
Torsen LSD
Updated Tune by Wayne at HypIllAuto

KYB AGX shocks/struts
H&R Sway Bars
Powergrid endlinks
Prothane suspension bushings (full kit)
Camber/Alignment kit (front and rear)

EBC Slotted and Dimpled rotors (front and rear)
EBC Greenstuff pads (Front and rear)
Russel Stainless steel lines

BF Goodrich G-Sport T/A's 235/40/17

·
Registered
511 Posts
I say lose the race header and get a ORP or High flow Cat instead (the gains it gets is because it deletes the Cat). Everything else looks good to me.

Also, maybe you have done more research than me, but will 235's fit w/o any issues??

·
Registered
210 Posts
Looks like a great list.

I say, forget about the stage 3, get a stage 2. And 235s will not fit with out rubbing even at the stock ride height. Hell, I had issues with 225s.

·
Registered
210 Posts
215s you'll have no issues as long as what ever wheels you get have the proper back spacing. But yea, 215s. I wish my 225s fit!!! More tire to the ground would be nice for the track. lol But as much as they rubbed...

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol, we need a lift kit to fit bigger tires...hey, maybe a stock svt wheel with some 235's would be fine as long as u were at the track. if u had a way to get them there just for track use :p

·
Registered
438 Posts
I say 215/40/17s. get 16s if you plan to track for some weight savings. I have hr coilovers and going from the 215/45s to the 215/40s eliminated the rubbing all together. Camber plates and bolts are a great idea to get adjustablility for track use and street use.

Ditch the header, wait out for the cams possibly. If you plan on ever tracking the car go with Hawk Pads instead. Dont need the dimpled/crossdrilled rotors, more prone to cracking. Stick with the slotted rotors for your case or just stock, which is more than enough for you situation.

Your cam gear will have to be dyno tuned and probably not worth the hassle. Brakelines are definitely a plus with some new fluid after a good bleed.

And tire selection, highly recommend the Falken Azenis rt-615s. I used to have t/a's on my gti, they do not compare at all. Even KDw2s dont compare. on the dry.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ive got ziex on it right now. i cant really launch my ca rwithout rippin rubber everywhere. i launch at 4 K, if i do at 3500, it boggs. 3750 is too odd to really get everytime. if im keepin my car n/a, i thought the cam gear would be a good idea, b/c squeeze every bit of power out possible. why not? and when are cams supposed to be out? i might hold out for that though!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Regarding cams- Well, Tom has a one-off set, but he describes them as "not for the faint of heart."

Zxtuner has made a set, but no one has ANY numbers on them.

And lastly, you can go through a vendor in the UK, (I forgot the name, but it has floated around this site lately) but that gets very expensive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts