Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a set of the Eibach Sportlines springs for my car here pretty soon. I was just wondering who has them on their car and what do you think of them? Have the stock shocks and struts held up well with the springs? And do any of you have it paired with some wheel spacers? If so what size and do you rub at all? Thanks!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I would buy frpp's in a second if I could only find them! It sucks I must have bought my car right after they stopped selling the frpp kit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have sportlines on tokico Blues. It looks amazing and the ride is only slightly more harsh. Hardly worth mentioning. If you can, try and get the aftermarket shocks and struts. I sniped my whole setup on here springs and all for 150. Rides like a dream. I never rolled with the lowered springs on the stock assembly though. I'd imagine it would work for a while until the struts and shocks just can't keep up anymore.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I love my sportlines. Been on my car for awhile now. Been running them with stock shocks. I drive 120 miles a day, 6 days a week for work, zero complaints. She rolled 133,000 miles this morning.

·
Registered
27 Posts
how hard were they to install? does anyone have a link to a how-to thread?
I put mine in with minimal mechanical knowledge using borrowed tools in a dark barracks parking lot fueled by beer and sheer willpower. Haynes manual helps too. I only needed to get a spring compressor from autozone. They loan them out for free with a small deposit. Pretty cool. Pretty much anyone with basic tools and a jack/stands can accomplish this themselves in an afternoon. Just make sure you get an alignment done afterwords. try giving the mighty car mods episode on lowering springs a watch. Should give you a warm fuzzy on the details.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Yeah I would buy frpp's in a second if I could only find them! It sucks I must have bought my car right after they stopped selling the frpp kit.
You can still get them. I ordered the FRPP Dampers from Steve at TASCA parts this morning. My old ones are starting to get a bit rough. As for the springs they can still be found new on ebay and several sites.

I would also suggest the FRPP for a daily driver.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ive looked on ebay and havent been able to find any. Are they made for the 2008-2011 or are they for the older ones?

·
Registered
473 Posts
I like my sportlines, feel very similar to my stock handling package ones. This is an mk3 of course but still, no complaints.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
ive looked on ebay and havent been able to find any. Are they made for the 2008-2011 or are they for the older ones?
That may be why you are having issue because they will not be listed as 08-11. The FRPP springs are 06-07 but work on 08-11 with the 06-11 top hats on them.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I love my sportlines. Been on my car for awhile now. Been running them with stock shocks. I drive 120 miles a day, 6 days a week for work, zero complaints. She rolled 133,000 miles this morning.
I agree I have the same
I've had mine (sportline system) for a few yrs now w/ problem, great dder. Upgraded from frpp's setup.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
maybe shop somewhere other than Fleabay?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well I finally ordered some lowering springs tonight! I decided to go with the h&r because i think ive just heard more overall positive reviews of them, and they arent that much taller than sportlines. I cant wait to get them on!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts