Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been working on a price on a 2012 Focus SE 5MT w/203A, Sport Package, and Blue Candy paint since last Friday. Originally landed on a Fiesta, opted for the Focus instead.

Here's where I stand currently: 18,935 w/$500 Ford Credit rebate & $500 College Grad rebate. MSRP is 21,280.

Since I'm not purchasing from dealer stock and they have to do a dealer trade for the car I want, they're charging me a $200 locate fee. I'm a little miffed over this, because it's basically a bait and switch (never brought this up until very late in negotiations), but this is the exact car I want with no extra options, and I don't need to wait 6-8 weeks for an ordered vehicle.

So, basically I'm getting the car for 19,135 + tax and tags. Once tax, tags, and other associated fees are added, I should still be out the door for a little less than MSRP. On a scale of 1-10, how decent is this price?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased a 2012 Focus SE Hatch with 203A, 6-SPD Auto just 2 weeks ago today. The MSRP on the sticker was $21,285.00 My total out-the-door price was $19,000 even.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I ordered and just picked up a SE Sedan in Candy Blue, 203A, sport package, MT and the slightly upgraded wheels. MSRP is $21025, I ordered when MSRP was $100 less so they honored that price, I had $1500 in rebates, so it was $19425 +TTL. I am happy with the price I got, and it seems like you are getting a better price.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I bought Titanium with a sticker of $28,115.00. Out the door, I paid $26,727.00 and that included $2,039.47 in state and city tax. My cost was $24,687.53 with navigation, remote start and all the trim packages. The only options not on the car were auto parking and a rear camera.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Here's where I stand currently: 18,935 w/$500 Ford Credit rebate & $500 College Grad rebate. MSRP is 21,280.

So, basically I'm getting the car for 19,135 + tax and tags. Once tax, tags, and other associated fees are added, I should still be out the door for a little less than MSRP. On a scale of 1-10, how decent is this price?
I'd say that's pretty good. Once you have it, you'll soon realize it's a hell of a lot of car for the money. Even at $20k+.

I purchased a 2012 Focus SE Hatch with 203A, 6-SPD Auto just 2 weeks ago today. The MSRP on the sticker was $21,285.00 My total out-the-door price was $19,000 even.
Same here. That car in Tuxedo Black, MSRP 22,399, paid 20,500.

I say if it's $2k under MSRP, that's really good. [thumb]

·
Registered
324 Posts
That's a really good price... I paid more for my car, with similar equipment can't remember the package code but we got sync, sport, and winter package - so even if you're not getting the winter package I thinkI paid about $800 more than you not counting your college grad bonus. (Yes I live in CA but I love heated seats, and sometimes drive to Tahoe in the snow!)

Hey does the college grad bonus count if I graduated more than 10 years ago? LOL

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, this is making me feel a little better now. The $200 locate fee was irking me the more I thought about it tonight.

Regarding the college grad rebate, Ford's college grad rebate eligibility period is extremely short compared to others (Toyota & Mazda are within 2 years of graduating, Ford is only 6 months).

·
Registered
324 Posts
Don't rub it in, you're going to make me jealous of your deal! Go buy the car you will be very happy you did :)

I tried shopping on truecar.com and thought I was going to get better deals but then when the "haggle free" dealers contacted me the price ended up being the same, because what they advertised on the website was suddenly not available, but they had another car that was just a little bit more... as in the exact same price as the one I test drove on the first dealer I went to. I went back to that dealer who didn't try to scam me, and bought the car from him.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I went through Costco buying service. I got the car price which was great then work them on the trade in. Always get the car price first before you even mention a trade in. Costco price was best that I found and the minute he gave me the the price I agreed. I believe it is the fleet price that the dealer sells when you go through Costco. They even sent me a $ 50 coupon to use at the dealer for service or whatever.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I bought Titanium with a sticker of $28,115.00. Out the door, I paid $26,727.00 and that included $2,039.47 in state and city tax. My cost was $24,687.53 with navigation, remote start and all the trim packages. The only options not on the car were auto parking and a rear camera.
I have a tough time believing this price.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, long story short, I backed out on the initial deal. Unfortunately, I got a friend of mine wrapped up in the mess, but the bait and switch on the locate fee really pissed me off. If you're going to charge a locate fee for a car you have to trade for, disclose it right away or don't add it into the deal at all. Certainly a lesson in car buying.

Another dealer that had the car in stock matched the deal and got rid of the arbitrary "locate fee" that the original dealer had added to the deal.

Picked up the car tonight.

·
Registered
364 Posts
CONGRATS! nice focus.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Wow you got it even cheaper? Good job!! Looks just like mine so obviously I like it :)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Indeed.

Instead of giving me the equivalent price, they allowed more on the trade (better on my end, I pay less tax).

So, I walked out the door with a price of 19,177 on the Focus w/$1000 in rebates, and 6500 on my trade. I'm happy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Great deal..

I got ford focus se 2012 tux black 5spd 201A sports pkg for $17350 + TTL..btw price includes 1500 military discount and 500 college grad bonus..[headbang][headbang][headbang]

·
Registered
31 Posts
also on top of that i paid $1130 for 7yr 75000miles major component warranty..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts