Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
If it will not work in the lower hole then I guess need to tap and drill the block.
Too bad that a spot 3 inches away will not work.

·
FF Affiliate
30,149 Posts
Like to see some pictures of the timing belt area (front of the engine ) the timing belt and idler configuration was different on the older Zetec

Tom

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Here you go. let me know if you need a close up of anything.
FYI the oil pan is not stock . It is a high capacity low profile made for the Bostig conversion
J.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I will have it down to the timing belt later next week when my special tools arrive. I want to change the T belt. I will post pictures at that time.
J.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Shoot. oh well the tools are on there way here. How do you keep the crank from turning when removing the harmonic balancer?

BTW thru the Bostig forum there is a fellow in Finland that it also doing the vanagon to ford conversion and he is in the same boat as me. His donor car has no knock sensor and was running fine before he pulled the engine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
OK. I drilled and tapped the spot where the Knock Sensor should go. So I now have a Knock Sensor. Yeah.
I assume I now would be able to get a tune if required.
Txs

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all first post here, only joined so I could get some info on this topic also.
Just went to re-pin my wiring loom and found that I too have an engine without a knock sensor.
I'd like to add one for tuning purposes.
Does anyone know the part number by any chance?

Cheers in advance Joel

21 - 33 of 33 Posts