Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This works easily on my '06. I suggest trying it on your own car to see if it's possible, and how it works (before you have a broken cable). With the hood open, have a helper pull the release cable while you look inside the hood lock assy. What you'll see is the cable pulling on a little lever...which releases the lock, and the hood pops open.

To open the hood with a broken or frozen cable, you need only a medium std screwdriver...about 8" or longer. The blade goes through the center, lowest hole in the grill. You can then push the release lever to the right, imitating the action of a working release cable.

It's easy....too easy in fact. Don't tell any thieves you may know...[80?]

·
Registered
66 Posts
now does the euro hood lock come standard on the ear svts? my battery is dead and i can't reach the starter or battery so someone on here sent me this link to this thread

·
Super Moderator
9,527 Posts
now does the euro hood lock come standard on the ear svts? my battery is dead and i can't reach the starter or battery so someone on here sent me this link to this thread
No, the Euro hood lock they are referring to is what is installed on the Focus in Europe and everywhere else in the world except US and Canada. The Euro lock doesn't have the cable mechanism because it requires a key to open it. Much like a locking gas cap idea.

·
Registered
73 Posts
euro lock

So where did you guys get a Euro Lock for your hoods at?

·
Registered
21 Posts
my cable pulled completly out on my 2001. im going to try this trick. hopefully i can get the hood to open. can someone please go into this euro lock some more. id like to delete the cable all together.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts