Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone ,

is there a easy way to open the hatchback on the zx3/zx5 from inside the hatchback with no battery in the vehicle? (gonna be grabbing a bumper off the back of a car at pick-n-pull and theres plastic clips under the decklid of the hatchback)

Thanks In Advance.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pull out the back seats. There should be a release in trunk.
@pasta im assuming that also requires removal of the plastic panel on the hatchback itself below the glass which is held in place with 4 plastic clips. (unlike the sedans which doesnt have a cover over that area)

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
@pasta im assuming that also requires removal of the plastic panel on the hatchback itself below the glass which is held in place with 4 plastic clips. (unlike the sedans which doesnt have a cover over that area)
Thats sounds like what you'll have to do to get the hatch open from inside...Is it a sap/svt bumper? Great upgrade.....

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@felixthecat its just a zx5 in the same year/color as mine with a 2.3 Duratech (yes i matched the exterior color code from the door). the plan is to find a wrecked SVT in the near term and strip to my hearts content. with the pick-n-pull sale from friday thru monday for members , everything is 50% off regular prices so im gonna strip a pile of stuff off that zx5 for cheap. its relatively un-stripped.

@slimester , ill keep that in my bag of tricks when i go later today prepping for friday.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Also be on the hunt for '06-'07's w/ the sap bumpers......

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also be on the hunt for '06-'07's w/ the sap bumpers......
@felixthecat oh i am. its a waiting game at this point to get the SAP bumpers. in the mean time i grabbed the stock bumper in the same color code as my car and brought that home today. unfortunately the head and intake are already missing off the Duratech 2.3 in that car and no other 2.3's in any other focus's in the yard. (damn).

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
@felixthecat oh i am. its a waiting game at this point to get the SAP bumpers. in the mean time i grabbed the stock bumper in the same color code as my car and brought that home today. unfortunately the head and intake are already missing off the Duratech 2.3 in that car and no other 2.3's in any other focus's in the yard. (damn).
Someone beat you to it.....How 'bout a looking for a 23 to start with?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Stick a flathead in the latch mechanism from the inside, it will pop right open. Had an SAP bumper I was grabbing and the glass was smashed in so it made it easy to pop open the hatch from the inside.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts