Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so with my temporary intake setup (just a cut aluminum pipe with a K&N filter) i dont have a pcv valve tube going anywhere, so the valve is open for right now because from what i remember the other end of the valve used to plug up to the air box which I no longer have, is it something i should really be worried about in the short run? In other words are there really bad consequences for this? TIA.

heres a pic: (yea its really dirty right now just waiting for the volant to come in before i clean everything, red oval in the middle shows the open valve)

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Well, if I'm not mistaken that vents air back into the intake to be reused or it sucks in air to vent the crankcase. I'm not positive on its purpose. All I know is that sometimes it will have a tiny bit of oil come out of it and I think it also sucks in air at times. I know that people don't always use the tube into the intake and just use a tiny filter on the end of what you have circled. You can find them at autozone or wherever. If this is just temporarily I'd just do whatever it takes to make sure you don't leak any oil or suck in any dirt, cause that'll all go straight into your oil.

But I'm no expert.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I would run a hose from the valve cover to down below the tranny so you dont vent on anything.

FWIW I will NOT run a PVC valve on my Focus... they are just a pain in the ass and are not needed.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
It's to let out some pressure, thats all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts