Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I noticed there was a small tear in my weather stripping on the driver's side door jam.

Using a flashlight to look inside the tear, I could see a strip of metal and a very small braided wire also running inside.

Anyone know what that's for?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
hmm...i'm not quite sure what exactly it is for but I am pretty sure that is NOT the sensor that warms you of a ajar door.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Not sure of this by any means but we had a jeep wrangler that had these. It was to stop the door from swinging beyond a certain point. Maybe its something like that but I have no clue. But I believe the door open sensor looks more like a black push button.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure of this by any means but we had a jeep wrangler that had these. It was to stop the door from swinging beyond a certain point. Maybe its something like that but I have no clue. But I believe the door open sensor looks more like a black push button.
Well, thats what I thought too.
But looking at the door jam there is no push button style on my Focus.

·
Registered
982 Posts
The door open/ajar switch is integrated with the latch catch on the jam. If that makes sence. Look at where the latch on the door catches on the jam piece. That piece has a switch in it. At least it does on my 2000.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The door open/ajar switch is integrated with the latch catch on the jam. If that makes sence. Look at where the latch on the door catches on the jam piece. That piece has a switch in it. At least it does on my 2000.
That makes sense.

I wonder what this is in my weather strip.......

Maybe that was the CIA who was snooping aorund my driveway the other night.....[joke]

·
Registered
982 Posts
If you're not the original owner, then like FocusFreak09 said, maybe a previous owner had an aftermarket alarm installed that was removed before they sold it. Where in the weather strip is it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts