Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have an open door light on my 01 Focus that won't shut off... I WD40 all the latches of the 4 doors and pushed each sensor it to make sure it works...It stays on but all the dome lights shut off when doors are closed...I know these are on the same circuit so that's why it's confusing me...thanks for any advice....

·
Registered
17,172 Posts
If a wagon the tailgate works it too. Look at tailgate area light if so, it will stay on.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
The trunk would keep the light on as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will def. check the trunk out. I couldn't get it opened with my key so I wonder if something is messed up its not hitting a sensor...

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Sensor is part of the trunk latch mech., and if not fully latched it'll show the light.

(Had to use the release handle to fully open it before closing to avoid this very issue, so it would fully latch)

Unhooked it'll light the light, so if unplugged or a wire failure in the umbilical it would also show "open".

·
Registered
17,172 Posts
Ah crap, y'all making me dig around in the cobwebs, IIRC the light comes on when trunk lid not completely closed, my '02 sedan did it. Forgot. Mine closes but a bit finicky about it, have to use a bit more force, accident leftovers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok. I got it to turn off...it was the trunk...I actually opened it up and pulled the emergency handle and it opened the latch more...then I closed the trunk and it was shut off...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts