Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey dudes and dudettes. There's been a lot of talk and no action getting an Ontarian FocusFanatics get together happening. I tried something like this last year at FocusCanada.net but nothing came of it.

So I'm going to put it out there again this year well in advance to maybe get a few people out

When: Sunday, May 3, 2015 11AM to 5PM
Where: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (Mosport)
Who: Focus Fanatics, friends and family. Everybody.
Why Mosport?:
  • It's the first regional race weekend of the year. Lots of weekend warriors in awesome self-made racecars and bucket loads of good racing. They are all very excited to be driving again so the energy is high.
  • I can get everyone complimentary tickets, so admission is free.
  • There is TONS of space for us to congregate, blast music, rev engines. We can't go hooning but we surely won't be harassed.
  • Conveniently located off of HWY115, 15-20m North of 401E
  • Can bring together owners all the way from GTA across to Belleville and maybe up into Kawarthas.
  • Tons of room means we can set up some shade and a BBQ and have a nice ol' lunch.
  • Family friendly!
  • We'll have the place to ourselves. The park is usually a ghost town on regional weekends except for the paddock.

So does anybody want to talk about this? Pitch in? Ideas/suggestions? There's some nice roads nearby that we can go for a quick cruise. Here's an ok route with some slow twisty roads with nice scenery.

·
Registered
158 Posts
That sounds like a cool place for a get together. I'm in.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'd be in for a get together. I'd trailer in my race car (2002 Focus). Doesn't sound like much interest. Now that's it's closer to that date, who else is into going???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts