Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we had some weird weather today here in Auburn. Only in Alabama can it be 75º one day, then two days later be SNOWING. [screwy]
How did the temperature drop like 55º so fast?

To be honest with you guys, most of you probably wouldn't even call it snow, but there's flakes, so it's snow. I've only seen snow about 5 times in my life counting times like this where there's barely any snow at all (one time it was all over the place, but I was so young I don't remember), so I do count every time I see flakes.

On a side note I am FREEZING. Guess I should get some gloves or something.

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. Go South!
So are you getting "real" snow or just like it is here?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Well, if it makes you feel any better, my computer says it's 13 degrees here, not counting the wind chill. It's sleeting right now, and the good news is the storm won't even really be here until later this afternoon!
Went to work this morning, decided to get out before it got bad. The roads aren't all that bad yet, but the parking lots leave something to be desired!

·
here and there
23,092 Posts
27 here.. sleeting and snowing now.. freezing rain earlier, the car was coated with an inch of ice all around.. JOY. Supposed to snow a little the rest of the day.. and we have about 4 inches of snow/sleet on the ground.. i cleaned off the car while being pelted with sleet... put my hands in my pockets to warm them... they were full of SLEET... HA HA. FUN STUFF! [8] I decided to stay home.

And I remember those 50 degree drops very well in Mississippi. We get them a bit here too. It was in the 70s the first half of january.. a front came through, and now we we've had highs mostly below 30 for the last 6 weeks.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I remember about a month ago where we had a day that it was in the 60s then 2 days later it snowed and was in the 20s.

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope, but if you look hard enough you can see me in that video. I was the one that threw those rocks extra hard.

·
Registered
777 Posts
In NJ we had 72*ish a few weeks ago (in Jan..) 2 days later, upper teens.

I remember a few years ago (shit, i think 98) one weekend we got about an inch of snow, the next weekend 90*!

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now it's very sunny and up to 40. Weird day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts