Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
BTW I think the SEL 303A comes with Sports seats.
At least according to my order sheet it says it does.

INT2 Leather Sport Bucket Interior Group
IN2L Medium Stone Leather Sport Buckets Include:
Medium Light Stone Insert & Surround
303A = 301A + 302A

301A = the MFT+Sony
302A = "leather-trimmed seats"
I don't have anything that says leather = sport seats, but it makes a lot of sense.

·
Registered
395 Posts
303A = 301A + 302A

301A = the MFT+Sony
302A = "leather-trimmed seats"
I don't have anything that says leather = sport seats, but it makes a lot of sense.
As previous poster posted the leathers are only avail in sport bucket. if you check out fords website it lists only sport for leather option. the two codes are what gets added to my order when i chose the 303A option.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The Titanium doesn't come standard with leather seats though, right? I am looking at an SEL with 301A, could jump up to Titanium for not much more but I don't want leather.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would say go with the Titanium! I ordered the SEL and have some regrets. I was soo focused on the SE model and debating MFT that when I ordered I got the SEL. I thought there was a 2K difference in price (sel vs titanium), but, then I realilzed the MFT was standard on the Titanium. That cuts it down to 1K. Then, the brochure arrived and I saw the Bronze Metallic trim which to me doesn't look nearly as nice as the Silver. My car hasn't come in yet and I'm sure I will love it, but, if I had to do it over..definitely the titanium!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah I couldn't find a 400a with a moonroof either. So I had to order it back in May. Just saying that I think sometimes it was an easier option to order than search for the 400a. I didnt want leather because I'm in Florida. :)
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would say go with the Titanium! I ordered the SEL and have some regrets. I was soo focused on the SE model and debating MFT that when I ordered I got the SEL. I thought there was a 2K difference in price (sel vs titanium), but, then I realilzed the MFT was standard on the Titanium. That cuts it down to 1K. Then, the brochure arrived and I saw the Bronze Metallic trim which to me doesn't look nearly as nice as the Silver. My car hasn't come in yet and I'm sure I will love it, but, if I had to do it over..definitely the titanium!
I agree re: bronze metallic vs silver.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The way I see it, if you want MFT and upgraded stereo, the difference between the SEL and Titanium for the Hatch, is $605. ($23495-$22890)

For the $605 difference you get:
Intelligent Access (Push button start, etc.)
17" wheels vs. 16" wheels
Silver vs. bronze interior trim (subjective)
Engine Cover
Sport seats
Touring suspension, with option for $595 sport suspension package
Black headlamp surrounds

Seemed worth it to me. The higher trim line may command better resale value too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The way I see it, if you want MFT and upgraded stereo, the difference between the SEL and Titanium for the Hatch, is $605. ($23495-$22890)

For the $605 difference you get:
Intelligent Access (Push button start, etc.)
17" wheels vs. 16" wheels
Silver vs. bronze interior trim (subjective)
Engine Cover
Sport seats
Touring suspension, with option for $595 sport suspension package
Black headlamp surrounds

Seemed worth it to me. The higher trim line may command better resale value too.
It really works out with the hatch b/c the gap between the SEL and Titanium is so narrow. I'm going 4-door with D plan pricing. Already at the top of my price range unfortunately. And I am showing $23790 MSRP for Titanium w/moonroof and and $22785 for SEL 301A moonroof, so a $1K difference before factoring in the D plan. I sat in a Titanium and an SEL but couldn't really notice much difference between the seats. Anyone care to elaborate?

·
Registered
395 Posts
It really works out with the hatch b/c the gap between the SEL and Titanium is so narrow. I'm going 4-door with D plan pricing. Already at the top of my price range unfortunately. And I am showing $23790 MSRP for Titanium w/moonroof and and $22785 for SEL 301A moonroof, so a $1K difference before factoring in the D plan. I sat in a Titanium and an SEL but couldn't really notice much difference between the seats. Anyone care to elaborate?
I think in the end it is all subjective.
In that build major differences are spoiler, sport seats, intelliaccess push start,17vs16 wheels, sport suspension.
You already dont care about the seats so it all comes down to if u care about the other upgrades.

I bought the sel 303a the only upgrade dif to titanium I wanted was the rear spoiler but I was not going to pay 920 extra to have it. I could care less about the intelliaccess or push start. Dont want the sport suspension either. The rest were minor cosmestic upgrades.

In the end there is no standard best package/model for everyone, make the decision for your self and stick with it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
SEL & Ti

All 2012 Foci share the basic premise of push-button starting that the Ti has. You turn the key to the 'start' position and immediately just let go. Works the same as the push button start without the 'start button' The computer does all the thinking. The thing I did not like on the Ti model was the choice of interior colors were all too dark for me. Even the artic white includes a lot of black. The SEL & SE have a light stone available which to me looks much brighter and inviting. But tastes are subjective. My 2012 SEL now has almost 20,000 miles and has needed no service other than oil changes and tire rotations. I drive a lot of steep grades in Arizona and I love to go through the gears myself on the PowerShift tranny. The only option on my SEL is the moonroof. I do love the ambient lighting!

·
Registered
936 Posts
I remember getting our SELs... cost a few hundred than a similarly loaded SE. Keep in mind, I'm in Canada, so we're talking 5MT only. Of course, ended up dialing it up with MFT and leather/moonroof, Nav, and 17s... Only thing I'm missing is IA, which wasn't an option on the SEL.

The Focus pricing is quite a thing of mystery sometimes...

·
Registered
254 Posts
In the U.S. I compared pricing to an SE and a SEL. To add many of the things that come standard on the SEL like SYNC elements, 6 speakers, leather wheel, alarms,cruise, etc., the price came to $15 less than an SEL. Which to me meant that for only $15 more you got the turn signals in the mirrors, ambient lighting, 3 button universal garage door opener, overhead console and dual zone electonic climate control. So I went with the SEL and spent an additional $795 for a moonroof. I never had a car with one of those before, and now I'll never have one without it!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I forgot to say that no matter which model you get from S to Ti, the list of standard equipment is impressive and they all handle very well, offer a quiet ride and look great!

·
Registered
936 Posts
I forgot to say that no matter which model you get from S to Ti, the list of standard equipment is impressive and they all handle very well, offer a quiet ride and look great!
This is a very true statement! I am even impressed by the kit on the S models.. quite a bit of good stuff in there that you would have had to pay for just years ago. And they all drive great. [grinking]

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well, I got some news for ya... My SE Sport comes in at more than an SEL. And doesn't have the express up/down on all windows (express down driver only) and no auto climate. But mine does have the winter package with the all weather mats, etc. If I had to do it again, I would have compared it to an SEL at least.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Well, I got some news for ya... My SE Sport comes in at more than an SEL. And doesn't have the express up/down on all windows (express down driver only) and no auto climate. But mine does have the winter package with the all weather mats, etc. If I had to do it again, I would have compared it to an SEL at least.
Since I wanted the winter package in a hatch in Frosted Glass, that really meant I couldn't really get an SE anyway without compromising for color, but when I was looking I didn't want MFT, and the SE sport DCT 203a winter was right around +/- 100 the price of a base SEL but without the one touch auto windows, the automatic climate control, the nicer looking interior trim (even if its not that much different), etc, so I went with the SEL. I looked at the titanium, but I really didn't want MFT which would have added nearly 8 or 900 dollars even on a/z plan to the price of the car for something I didn't really need or want. So I understand that dilemma, but unless you have to have the two tone sport seats or were ordering a manual in the U.S. I can't see why you would necessarily spec a DCT SE sport 203a over the 300a SEL unless you were picking from what the dealer had on the lot. Apart from the slightly different alloy wheels and the option of the manual which is still around 800-1000 less than the SEL, but if you wanted a manual with all the toys a Titanium is only a few hundred dollars more give or take than a loaded SEL, so at least there is that option even if it is still only a 5 speed and on the Ti at least you get no discount for choosing the manual.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I priced an SE with the sports appearance package (no driums for me please), an SEL and a Titanium, costed out the price of insurance as well. The difference between the price to purchase of all three was relatively minscule. However the insurance for the Titanium, plus the firmer suspension, ( my dear lovely wife has osteoporosis ) steered me towards the SEL. It had all the features I wanted, and a few that I have grown to like.

61 - 80 of 103 Posts