Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
I have a pretty much fully loaded titanium.... I can assure you the ride is anything but harsh... and personally, some of the little quirky things (especially the intelligent access) are really cool...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Older and more mature buyers will choose the SEL for its ride comfort. The Titanium is more for younger buyers who are looking for fancy gadgets and larger wheels. They might be priced similarly, but they nicely fit into their own unique demographic.

Personally the furthest I'd ever go would be the SE Sport Package. Considering the same engine is offered throughout the entire lineup, I really don't see the need to go beyond that point. Even if I was offered a Titanium for free I'd never use its extra features.

It's not always about money. It all depends on what you personally value most.
I am older (not sure about the mature part) but I am getting the Titanium. I HOPE it is comfortable! I would have preferred the stone interior - but the intelligent access and push button start were more important to me. I have not even driven a titanium but in a week will be the proud owner of one! I really do hope it is comfortable on long drives though....

·
Registered
520 Posts
I am older (not sure about the mature part) but I am getting the Titanium. I HOPE it is comfortable! I would have preferred the stone interior - but the intelligent access and push button start were more important to me. I have not even driven a titanium but in a week will be the proud owner of one! I really do hope it is comfortable on long drives though....
I am 46 and I drive it 100 miles a day. I have the Titanium. The seats are very comfortable. Now that I found out the wheel not only tilts but telescopes, I got the perfect position. The steering wheel has palm rest exactly where they should be. I think you will love it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I am 46 and I drive it 100 miles a day. I have the Titanium. The seats are very comfortable. Now that I found out the wheel not only tilts but telescopes, I got the perfect position. The steering wheel has palm rest exactly where they should be. I think you will love it.
Glad to hear that! I currently drive a Mini Cooper Convertible - fun car, but on my first long trip (300 miles) I discovered it was not comfortable on long drives at all. The drivers seat just does not provide the necessary support. I am really hoping that is not the case with the Focus. So I am very glad to hear you find the seats comfortable!

·
Registered
395 Posts
I configured a SEL 303A and Titanium 401A with Winter Package.
The price difference came out to be $920 between the two from dealer that I ordered from.

In the end I ended up picking the SEL 303A because I did not want the black leather. Otherwise I probably would have opted for Titanium.

The differences between my build SEL 303A and Titanium 401A are:
- Push start
- Intelligent access
- Rear Spoiler
- Titanium versus SEL badge
- Titanium specs state "Suspension" I'm pretty sure the SEL has a suspension too I am guessing it is just a different type
- Headlights have black surrounds
- Fog lamps have black surrounds

Overall I would not say it is worth $920 in upgrades but I might have paid it just to say I had the highest model available.
The main question is do you consider paying $920 for push start/intelligent access/rear spoiler (major differences) worth it?

In addition sometimes car insurance rates increase with car base models as well...

BTW how are you only getting $168 difference?
Even Ford.com's website has a difference of $805 between SEL 303A and Titanium 401A.
And a difference of $905 between SEL 301A and Titanium 400A

·
Registered
788 Posts
The price difference came out to be $920 between the two from dealer that I ordered from.

In the end I ended up picking the SEL 303A because I did not want the black leather. Otherwise I probably would have opted for Titanium.

- Push start
- Intelligent access
- Rear Spoiler
- Titanium specs state "Suspension" I'm pretty sure the SEL has a suspension too I am guessing it is just a different type

Overall I would not say it is worth $920 in upgrades but I might have paid it just to say I had the highest model available.
The main question is do you consider paying $920 for push start/intelligent access/rear spoiler (major differences) worth it?

In addition sometimes car insurance rates increase with car base models as well...

Even Ford.com's website has a difference of $805 between SEL 303A and Titanium 401A.
I went with the SEL 303A for the same reason. The only thing you are not getting is the push button start/intelligent access and a sport tuned suspension. I prefer the chrome ( I'm over 50) over the black accents and both cars come with the standard spoiler. Now, if I had known there was going to be the $750 Private Cash when I ordered, I would have gone with the Ti. I have NO regrets, my SEL is great and rides real nice.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I had black leather heated sears as well...and I'm in Canada so there could be more differences. Not sure.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I went with the SEL 303A for the same reason. The only thing you are not getting is the push button start/intelligent access and a sport tuned suspension. I prefer the chrome ( I'm over 50) over the black accents and both cars come with the standard spoiler. Now, if I had known there was going to be the $750 Private Cash when I ordered, I would have gone with the Ti. I have NO regrets, my SEL is great and rides real nice.
I take it you have the HB version?
As far as the Sedan I dont think the SEL comes with spoiler standard? Correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I take it you have the HB version?
As far as the Sedan I dont think the SEL comes with spoiler standard? Correct me if I am wrong.
That's correct, I have the 5-door with the spoiler. Looking through the order guide, it's not clear if the spoiler is available except with the SE Sport Package.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I am surprised that no one gave the actual differences between the SEL and Titanium. From the old pre-order sheet, the Titanium has the features of the SEL(base) plus:
17 inch sport aluminum wheels
Rear spoiler(on the 4-door sedan, hatchback always got this)
Piano Black fog lamp surrounds with chrome accents
Black headlamp surrounds
sport-tuned suspension
Intelligent Access with Push-Button start(why isn't this an option on the SEL?!?)
MyFord Touch with 8 inch center stack touch screen
SIRIUS Satellite Radio
Sony Audio System with 10 inch speakers including Subwoofer
HD Radio with iTunes Tagging feature
Sport Seats

I don't know if SIRIUS is even available in Canada, but that is what the differences are here in the USA. Some things like the headlamps may also be different in Canada, but I don't know about that.

Now, the MyFord Touch & Sony Package on the SEL(301A) covers MOST of these differences. That leaves you with the 17 inch aluminum sport wheels, Intelligent access/push button start, and the sport seats/Suspension as the extras, plus the black headlamp and fog lamp surrounds. The SEL Premium Package includes 17 inch aluminum wheels(not the sport wheels, but still nice), so if you go SEL and get the MyFord Touch, it almost seems like a no-brainer to move up to the Titanium. Since the 17 inch wheels are already included in the base Titanium, the Premium Package costs $100 less on the Titanium than on the SEL.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I, too, was wondering what was really different between the SEL & Ti, especially since I would get the MFT, anyway.

I mined a salesman's brochure, and this is what I found: (some of these may be typos in the brochure)
- SEL has 16" wheels std v. 17" for the Ti
- Ti has "sport tuned suspension" (I believe this may be the same thing the SE sport package has.)
- SEL has "Lower grille - Piano Black" v. "Grille - Piano Black" on the Ti (this may be the same thing)
- SEL has chrome fog light bezels & headlight surrounds v. black on the Ti
- SEL has "Metallic interior trim finish - door pulls and register surround" v. "Metallic interior trim finish" on the Ti (I believe these are the same)
- SEL has regular seats v. sport seats on the Ti (the sport seats are also in the SE sport)
- SEL does not have intel access or push-button start as options v. std on Ti
- SEL has the option of MFT v. std on the Ti
- SEL has "Storage - rear seatback map pockets" v. no mention on Ti (? - I have no idea if the Ti has this or not)
- Yellow blaze is not available in the SEL, and race red is not available in the Ti

For me, there isn't one that's definitely better than the other. I like the sport seats, and I think I'd like the keyless systems. I would rather have the 16" wheels. The black surrounds on the lights looks good on some colors, but not others.

I'll probably go with the Ti so I can get yellow & then swap out the wheels for the 16" from the SE sport.

·
Registered
519 Posts

- Push start
- Intelligent access
- Rear Spoiler

The Intelligent Access & Push Button Start was $1000 option on my current vehicle. That combined with the sports suspension, larger 17" wheels, rear spoiler, black surrounds, opportunity for handling pkg WAAAAAY worth it and then some...

·
Registered
395 Posts
For me, there isn't one that's definitely better than the other. I like the sport seats, and I think I'd like the keyless systems. I would rather have the 16" wheels. The black surrounds on the lights looks good on some colors, but not others.

I'll probably go with the Ti so I can get yellow & then swap out the wheels for the 16" from the SE sport.
BTW I think the SEL 303A comes with Sports seats.
Atleast according to my order sheet it says it does.

INT2 Leather Sport Bucket Interior Group
IN2L Medium Stone Leather Sport Buckets Include:
Medium Light Stone Insert & Surround

·
Registered
519 Posts
BTW I think the SEL 303A comes with Sports seats.
Atleast according to my order sheet it says it does.

INT2 Leather Sport Bucket Interior Group
IN2L Medium Stone Leather Sport Buckets Include:
Medium Light Stone Insert & Surround
Yeah, that sounds right. As far as I knew, there was only one style of leather seats to go around. It's only the cloth seats that have different styles available.

41 - 60 of 103 Posts