Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put some 17's on my ride and i noticed that the rear passenger wheel has about 3/4" less clearance. i have the pro-kit spings on my foci. i was wondering if there was any way that i could put something in between the spring and the seat that would raise my suspension up about a half inch or so.

has this happened to anybody else?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
thats weird, are the springs new?? anyways, yes, you can put tensioners in between the springs.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes they were new when i put them on about 10 or 15k ago.

tesnsioners? where can i get'em and how do they work?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Noticed this too, my ride used to scrape going over certain dips and around turns to the left involving any weight in the car - Eibach Pro Kit installed with 17" wheels, 45mm offsett. I only had scraping problems on the rear passenger side. Got some adjustable arms for the rear (after alignments, camber bolts and such failed) and haven't had the problem since. Hopefully the tensioner thing works better for you - they're probably cheaper.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, mine is lower on the rear passenger side, lol. wonder why that is? worn stock shocks maybe?

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
It's not the shocks.....unless you've got air shocks, the ride height is determined by the springs. There is always a slight difference between springs, but if one rides that much lower, I suspect that spring has sagged.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
i would double check that the driver side spring is properly seated all the way in the bottom of the holder and that it is rotated the right way to sit at the bottom.

if that dont work, maybe you spring has sagged

·
Registered
461 Posts
Well I would try all of this, but it was that way before and even after I changed my suspension (I didn't install it myself) out, and I got the whole kit, not just the spring replacement. I'm convinced it's another cut-corner with our car. Let me know if you find otherwise, cwatson411 - good luck!

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
^^you know mine is the exact same! I put new SVTF suspension on there. So I know its not the springs. I always thought my car was a little twisted or something. I know my car was in a wreck or something cause my radiator is bent and what not. But it would be nice to know it this was just something "special[8]" with our cars or if it was just something screwed up with my car.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
^^^^Easy way to see if a spring is to blame....switch them right to left. Won't cost anything. [;)]

·
Registered
584 Posts
The only tire I've ever rubbed was the passenger rear.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Noticed this too, my ride used to scrape going over certain dips and around turns to the left involving any weight in the car - Eibach Pro Kit installed with 17" wheels, 45mm offsett. I only had scraping problems on the rear passenger side. Got some adjustable arms for the rear (after alignments, camber bolts and such failed) and haven't had the problem since. Hopefully the tensioner thing works better for you - they're probably cheaper.
Do you mean adjustable rear toe arms?

I have the same issue but on the driver's. side

·
Registered
461 Posts
there has got to be some reason that everyone rubs the passenger rear!?
Word. Points to a design flaw, perhaps more weight on that side in the rear? I can't think of what it would be but that's the only scrape-able tire for me as well.

Do you mean adjustable rear toe arms?
I think they're more camber related than toe - I understood the upper arms were camber related (which is what these are) and the lower arms, which you can also buy - were more toe related. I could be wrong about the application - but these are adjustable upper arms.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts