Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to detach the negative battery cable to reboot MFT. As I already knew, that was going to make it necessary to reset the one touch feature on the windows.

I have a 2012 Titanium. I've been able to reset the front windows, but not the rear. Maybe only the front windows have the feature? Should one touch up/down work on the rear as well?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had to detach the negative battery cable to reboot MFT. As I already knew, that was going to make it necessary to reset the one touch feature on the windows.

I have a 2012 Titanium. I've been able to reset the front windows, but not the rear. Maybe only the front windows have the feature? Should one touch up/down work on the rear as well?
All four windows should be one touch. When I picked up my car this feature wasn't working on one of my rear windows. It was an easy fix to reset.

-Hold button down until window is all the way down and keep holding the button down for 3 seconds then immediately continue with next step
-Hold button up until window is closed and continue holding button up for 3 seconds
- Problem should be solved. [wrenchin]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, especially to Eric. The 3 second hold procedure worked! [:)]

I was following the bounce back instructions I found in the manual, which are a bit different.

After the battery has been disconnected from the vehicle you must reset
the bounce-back memory separately for each window:
1. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed, then release
the switch.
2. Lift the switch again for one more second.
3. Press and hold the switch until the window is fully open, then release
the switch.
4. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.
5. Open the window and try to close it automatically.
6. Reset and repeat procedure if the window does not close
automatically.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Umm...you could have just pulled the fuse lol. Pair of pliers and one hand can reset the MyFord Touch system in a matter of 20 seconds.

Or you can just let it go. If the system seems to "lockup" or just stay on (usually you'll turn off the car and even after you get out the system will stay on) it'll fix itself. Just turn the volume down or something and walk away. You might think it'll kill your battery but a minute or 2 after you get out the system will turn itself off. The next time you start the car it'll reboot itself.

And yes, I'm positive about this. I have 4800 miles on mine and I've had it reset itself for this very reason about 6 times. It does it every single time.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Umm...you could have just pulled the fuse lol. Pair of pliers and one hand can reset the MyFord Touch system in a matter of 20 seconds.

Or you can just let it go. If the system seems to "lockup" or just stay on (usually you'll turn off the car and even after you get out the system will stay on) it'll fix itself. Just turn the volume down or something and walk away. You might think it'll kill your battery but a minute or 2 after you get out the system will turn itself off. The next time you start the car it'll reboot itself.

And yes, I'm positive about this. I have 4800 miles on mine and I've had it reset itself for this very reason about 6 times. It does it every single time.
Nope, that doesn't always work. When my MFT and sync went out, I tried all the associated fuses for MFT and Sync, and the MFT did reboot, but I still had the same problem. Only after disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes or so, did everything work again. No problems since, either.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The problem was that the screen was black, nothing coming on at all related to MFT. I had read that the negative cable pull is considered a hard reset and almost always works. Next time, I'll try pulling the fuses first (not easy to get to), but I'd rather there not be a next time. To have to reset the system 6 times is unacceptable. Have you taken the car to the dealer? I have an appointment for the end of the week, but I'm not confident that the problems will be gone permanently without a major software update. Even then, who's to say that they will find all the bugs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All four windows should be one touch. When I picked up my car this feature wasn't working on one of my rear windows. It was an easy fix to reset.

-Hold button down until window is all the way down and keep holding the button down for 3 seconds then immediately continue with next step
-Hold button up until window is closed and continue holding button up for 3 seconds
Is there any chance the one touch up/down on all four can be activated on an SE model that only comes with the one touch down on driver window? I envision the mechanics being identical on all models for ease of plant assembly, with the full feature being activated via software or possible hardware switch on controller, etc. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Really was interested in this, talked to a tech here at work and he said there were no options as far as setting parameters on it- researched on parts catalouge it seems there are seperate auto down modules (parts listing also asks if car has the upgraded signal mirrors for some reason) that are door specific. For cars with this feature the module ##'s are:

LH CP9Z-14B291-A OR B (if the car has the upgraded signal type mirrors)

RH CP9Z-14B291-D OR E (for upgraded mirrors.)

No clue right now on whether or not this is upgradeable or what else is involved to make it work however.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for the part number information. I will see what I can find out. Possibly it is a simply swap out of the control panel in the door assembly. Any source for purchasing these types of items?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Any word on getting one-touch for an SE model? I'd love to have this feature - I miss it terribly on my current car and am interested in an SE 5MT.

·
Registered
276 Posts
That would be nice to have one touch in the SE. I wonder if the switch needs to be replaced in the drivers door or if its all of them..

·
Registered
277 Posts
That would be nice to have one touch in the SE. I wonder if the switch needs to be replaced in the drivers door or if its all of them..
I'd like to get my hands on the part listing for window regulators, switches and harnesses for the five-door to see which ones have several different types. That'd probably narrow it down.

Provided my dealer had a good return policy on parts, I'd even attempt the install. Wouldn't be the first time I've replaced regulators and harnesses. Unfortunately I won't have the car for a while...placed the order to-day.

EDIT: I guess I should really be pinging elwood125 since it sounds like he works at a local Ford dealer here in Hampton Roads - any progress on this one? If it's as easy as switching out a module or some window switches I'd jump all over it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Now that I have the car, I'd really like to look into doing this. Bumping to see if anyone has any input, and I think I'll PM elwood.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Wish I'd seen this thread a month ago...
Neither of the front windows' one-touch worked when I bought the car, just the rears. After fiddling with the driver's side switch for a few days it started working (and still does). The passenger side window took a few weeks but I finally stumbled upon the fix for that too.
Like I said, wish I'd known about the three-second-hold...
:)

·
Registered
3 Posts

My 2012 SEL with 8,000 miles just experienced the disabled auto up-and-down window on the driver's side today. I have no idea why but I was perplexed as all three of the other windows worked just fine. Low and behold, I come to Focus Fanatics and do a quick search and—voilà!—I find this thread and it worked like a charm! [clap]

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Not working on my se hatch, not having one touch switches is a bummer
Hi IngotMK3,

According to the Order Guide, the 2013 Focus SE is equipped with a driver one touch down window switch. If your switch isn't functioning properly, your local Ford dealership will be happy to assist you. Feel free to contact me if you need additional help.

Crystal

1 - 20 of 33 Posts