Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys this is the window regulator control sensor I'm pretty sure its the one touch up/down relay does anyone know exactly which wire is which? all i know is

white --> window motor
black --> ground

but it has 3 more wires which i know go to the switch I'm just not sure which is which any help would be great thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Yep, that's the one-touch window relay. The following 2 diagrams should help you with the wiring. Good Luck.
Polygon,
Just a question on the diagrams you posted:

The wire on pin 3 in the C738 connector diagram shows the wire as GN/BK (green/black):

But the schematic diagram shows the wire from pin 3 as GN/BU (green/blue):

Stitch's pic doesnt seem to match either (wire on pin 4 looks GN/WH):

The circuit is the same on both 15S-AJ40. American vs Euro Focus?

Paul

·
Registered
321 Posts
@paul1958 - thanks for pointing that out. I too noticed the discrepancy but I'm not quite sure why it's like that. All circuits and test procedures that I've seen refer to pin 3 as GN/BU whereas the pinout schematic and even Stitch's photo show it's GN/BK. Fortunately the circuit is simple to follow as 15S-AJ40 is a direct connection between the relay and the switch. Also the connector identifies the 2 switch wires with red protective rings.

As for pin 4, I think it is GN/BK but the glare adds a white shine to it.

You can access the complete set of test procedures for this circuit at -

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/sdcrowder/2010-08-21_092016_pinoint_test_power_windows.pdf

Cheers

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Thanks for the info!

It interesting that these one touch setups use a two position (for down) window switch where the older one touch setups/modules were able to operate with the single position switches which makes it easier to retrofit and have one touch for both up and down.

Paul

·
Registered
321 Posts
@Paul - If you ask me, the design on these models is over-complicated for no apparent reason. The design that you mention achieves exactly the same thing with a single-pole-double-throw switch and a delay logic in the BCU or GEM to distinguish between one-touch and manual. Such circuits typically look like this - straightforward to read and simple to diagnose.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I agree. Thank you for the info.

Paul

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm guessing Gr/Wh on 4 is due to glare on the shiny wire.Although I just notice on one of the Gn/bl coming into my driver dr switch, not shown on that schematic, that one did have a yellow paint stripe near the end that connected to the switch I guess to try and match the Gn/Ye called out.

Looking at this illustration of the wiring there's a note near one of the GN/BK, 11 on the switch, saying as of 10/99 that was Gn/Bu. My 2003 they both still look Gn/Bk to me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts