Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What started out as a little problem today turned into a bigger one. I had one licsence plate bulb burned out, easy I thought. Ordered LED ones from EBAY, first one goes in fine, the other on that was burned out was a different story. I took it out and green dust came billowing out. Crap corrosion on the metal parts, no biggie. Took it out of the harness, cleaned it, put it back in still no light. Now for the question.

What do I need to replace, the plugs? If so how since I'm not that good with soldering.

Is there any way to clean the inside?

Could it just be a part that was rusted out "third pic"

Thanks for your input

Pics:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I blew my license plate fuse when i working on them one time. I would double check that before anything.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
I did the same thing replacing mine.....except mine still aren't replaced. Although, I still haven't got in any trouble with the cops. I ended up breaking my tab holding the bulb, so I have to go to a junkyard to look for a mount.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a new mout today, it looks like I might need the connectors too. What fuse controls the liscence light and how do I know its popped? Would it still be popped if only one works?

·
Registered
265 Posts
no your fuse controls both of them , if one works than you good with the fuses, i have never replaced mines , but i have some expirience in auto electricity, for the piece in the the third pic grab our self a 80 grit sane paper and sand it till its clean ok do this first see if both bulbs you bought work try them on the side that works and if it does work then try to see if it works with piece that you cleaned out in the third peice, if that fails try to order a new harness mike at hibbish ford can pobaly get it at a good price

let me know if it works out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts