Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Saturday I drove to the farm (2.5 hours. almost all interstate). At times, when speeds were 'frisky', I noted that the steering input was..idaknow how to describe this, but jerky? meaning I had to sorta tug on the wheel much more than I would normally anticipate when driving in town. This in turn made the car sorta 'jerk' left or right (depending) so as to avoid the rumble strips. Now, I generally have never driven this 'friskely' before, so I don't know if it is a potential issue or not. The car tracks true in the straights. This only occured when I was in the left lane (mostly) and sometimes the right. could it just be road crowning? (note: it was sundown into night). I also noted on the backroads (very twisty, up and down backroads. but well paved) that again, it seemed to take more force input than I would otherwise anticipate. Just sayin. Totally believable that I have just gotten lazy as it is mostly a grocery getter.
[driving]

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
It might be possible that you lost a wheel weight causing a slight pull but more than likely its just the road crowning and worse case scenario your alignment may be out of whack .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts