Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you order remote start for a Ti via the option list is it the 100 series for push button start or the bidirectional version for the push button start?
Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
781 Posts
you supposedly can order either one. but weither either one will work at all with IA is up for debate. i've read yes, and i've read no.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I will let you know the end of Oct LOL! I ordered the remote start with mine so we will see what happens.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was told mine was ordered with remote start but when it showed up, never did have it.

Was told I wasn't charged for it, but I am really going to want it for the winter time (winter can get pretty harsh here in Canada), so I am going to have to get it Dealer installed.

Have to invest in some winter tires as well, so gonna be doing that a few weeks before Nov.

·
Registered
781 Posts
there have been a few posting of people having issues getting remote start installed with IA, search and you'll find them. i don't think i've read a successful one yet. doesn't mean that they don't necessarily work together, just that the dealers can't seem to make them work together.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Either one,

I was told by the dealer that the difference was that one, the remote or something will tell you that the car started. An option I honestly do not care for.

I'm still waiting on mine to get installed at the dealer.

·
Registered
781 Posts
IA - Intelligent Access, the keyless entry and start system in the Titanium models. Apparently remote starters aren't compatible with this setup, or dealers haven't figured out how to get them to play nicely together? There are no issues installing remote starters in the lower trim lines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts