Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tires, tires, tires i know that some of you are probaly sick of my questions about tires. But i have been doing some research and not found what i'm looking for. The problem is that i need new tires all around(already)! i want a good quality high performance tire, but the catch is i have gone turbo and i need some thing that will but all that power to the ground at the drag strip and on the street. Drag radials cause wheel hop and don't have long life and i don't know of any high performance tire thats hook up well. S.O.S help help help

·
Registered
235 Posts
I know for auto x I used Azenis and they are awesome but i don't know about the strip. I think you're gonna get a lot of mixed opinions on here because most high performance tires are gonna get the job done.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i just really care the thread life, price and hooking up at the track.

·
Registered
545 Posts
+1 for azenis

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
My front Azenis never got rotated and survived 9,000 miles and 200+ AutoX runs.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Thats pretty damn good life^^^^

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i found that those tires are discountinued, and almost nobody as them. yokohama makes the same tire they are a tad cheaper to at $96 bucks shipped each for 215 45 17. but if i go with 205 40 17 they drop to 66 bucks each. is it worth it to get a smaller and thinner tire

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
or i could just get wider tires for the front and keep the height of the tires the same. like 215-45 in the front and 205 45 in the rear what you think about that? are these the ones are you talking about Azenis ST115

·
Registered
705 Posts
because traction is an issue I suggest going as wide as you can, at least in the front, without rubbing. I'm not sure how much more than 215/15 you can go, but the more tire on the road, the better the traction.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey bud were are you from in nh i went to school in dover

·
Registered
705 Posts
svtguy21 said:
hey bud were are you from in nh i went to school in dover
Im from manchester and have only been to dover a handful of times

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Do you have a LSD installed? If not, you might want to consider it...puts the power down as close to 50/50 as possible in straight-line acceleration, which can save treadlife as it prevents one wheel from spinning while the other stays still.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea i know, but can't afford it now! the turbo and other bolt on really set me back. the clutch and flywheel plus install set me back 1k so.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts