Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 ZX5.. and the right heated mirror is not heating up.

I brought it over to a mechanic.. and he told me that there is electricity going into the system but just the element is not working. He suggested to change the whole unit because trying to ply the mirror is gonna to break it.

So I'm wondering if anyone have tried to ply the mirror.. if you do.. please kindly provide a step by step guide.. thanks.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I woulda swore there was a thread somewhere on this brd where someone describes how to take apart the mirror. Then you just need the glass, so you could get a damaged one from a recycler (cosmetic) and change out the glass.
But anyway, I assume your mechanic checked the connectors on the mirror side and not the feed side(?)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no no.. the mech just opened the triangular plastic behind the pax door.. and checked the connectors.. and then he determined that the current is flowing through.. and just that my mirror is not heating up..

So I guess the connector behind the mirror must have been either broken or disconnected.. but he says it is too risky to ply open the mirror without breaking it..

But I wanna save myself some money..

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
So I guess the connector behind the mirror must have been either broken or disconnected.. but he says it is too risky to ply open the mirror without breaking it..

But I wanna save myself some money..
Here is a thread describing how some guys painted there mirrors. To do that, they had to take the 'backside' off the mirror.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119311
Also show the inside of the mirror [wiggle]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts