Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having chips in your paint used to be ever so easy. You would simply tuck both your fist in a pocket, lower your head gingerly underneath the rim of your hat and generally suggest that you had a neck injury. No wait. Thats when you get rear-ended. Either way. Sadly its the same story when some careless lady lets her car door swing open and slap your Focus with her jeep and then asks in a gruff tone that suggests she's been gargling in chewing tabacco...

"Geez...sucks to be you!"

No, ma'am. It sucks to be you. I love my car, and now your going to pay for it. Whats that? You have insurance? Great! Now clearly I didn't just see that door hit the side of my car, but also the mirror that was scrapped last year during a hurried backing down my driveway. Got it? Excellant (I say with just a hint of a Monty Burns accent).

So I dropped my SVTF off at the body this afternoon to get it taken care of. Naturally what did they give me as a rental? An '09 Focus.

Its amazing. I've got such a split opinion of this car after one afternoon of driving it. It doesn't hug the road like my SVTF does. It doesn't handle like my SVTF does. It drives different. It is different...and it was brilliant. No, really. In a lot of respects its the clash-opposite of what I'm used to, and dare I say it? I liked it (and I totally didn't think I would. My wife already "stole" it this afternoon and took it to work and is already trying to convince me that she needs one.

...and I might just have to get her one. [;)]

Nope. Its not an SVTF, and it doesn't have to be. Its loaded with features, was a pleasure to drive, and even had Sirius radio. To paraphrase Katy Perry, I drove an '09 Focus...and I liked it.

·
Haterz gonna Hate
2,156 Posts
haha wow i love how people can be so careless like that lady, yeah it sucks alright, cause im going to be getting a viper system for my car, up to 1 mile and will show me what part of my car got touched.

anyway back on subject nice rental man and nice paraphrase rofl =P [thumb]

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
very nice story to read. Stupid people in this world make me mad!

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
i love it when u post a thread, cuz you can tell a story in the most interesting ways, lmao. the lady was a [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] to say that, cuz now the jokes on her.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
you know i drove an 08 focus a co-worker of mine had for a day but it was a super duper base model and everything inside felt plasticy. Maybe the 09's are better, they certainly are growing on me even though i know my svtf is better.

·
Registered
427 Posts
hahaha nice story! the 2009 looks pretty good too!

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
wow, she actually said that? SHE swung her door into YOUR car and said "sucks to be you"?! ARE YOU *U*KING KIDDING ME?! wow, but great job of using your head, i'd have just said, "no ma'am, sucks to be YOU" as i dragged my key all up and down the side of her car as i left.

lol, so what'd she say after you mentioned the insurance and mirror? gave her info...willingly?!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts