Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that its cooled down some outside and its bearable to work out in the garage the time has come to correct the mistake I made the last time I rebuilt my motor.

Quick recap, rebuilt the motor after loosing it due to electronic malfunction.... drinking beer while putting in the rings, later wondering where I had low compression on one cylinder.... put compression ring on upside down. Drove it all summer and now finally getting around to doing new rings.... and maybe just a little more head work......

Well if everything goes smoothly this evening I may have the motor apart tonight, first I HAVE to do alittle cleaning in the garage so I'll have room to work but after that its gonna be balls to the wall on tearing the engine down.

I more than likely wont take any initial tear down pics since it'll be the same old shit as the previous threads I've done.... trust me it looks the same everytime.

If something new pops up then yeah, I'll snap a few pics.

This time there wont be any beer comsumption and HOPEFULLY I'll manage to NOT screw anything up [poke]

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hopefully I can fix my axle and swing by to give some assistance.

·
Sneeze
10,828 Posts
ya good luck sir. I wish i was just a bit closer to possible help with anything/learn how to do this stuff but I think you like 3ish hours away which is a bit much.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully I can fix my axle and swing by to give some assistance.
The only day i wont be in the garage is Saturday... so stop by if you feel like it!!

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Wonder whos motor will be done first?[poke]

·
Sneeze
10,828 Posts
.... I think you like 3ish hours away which is a bit much.
ok I lied its more like 4. totally not enough time to actually get there, attempt to help/learn and drive back in a day. ok well theres time but its not really worth it ya know...i'll stop talking

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wonder whos motor will be done first?[poke]
Lets put it this way.... if I really wanted to I could be driving it in less than 3 days... but I'm not really THAT motivated[giggle]

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Yea you have that cobra to fall back on. I wouldnt be that motivated ethier....lol

You said more P&P work on the head?

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
hope everything goes good this time

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
oh so thats what happened, I was wondering but couldnt keep up with the old thread, but anyways good luck with it, and ill keep up with this thread.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
good luck john. mine should be going under the knife again soon as well... but my engine wont be touched...

no more drinking until you get finished with the rings. then you can celebrate [cheers]

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
but drinking beer is half the fun of working on cars

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I managed to get the garage cleaned up and the intake and intake piping off last night... not too bad of a start.

Then I went inside to play a little Xbox and I ended up with the Red rings of Death....

That makes me wanna kick Bill Gates square in the nuts [nutkick]

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
You and rings just don't seem to get along do you. I'd recommend avoiding marriage, onion rings, ring dings, ring around the rosie, and any other activities involving rings

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
hey john what were you playing and do you play cod 4 :)

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was playing The Force Unleashed and Yes I do COD4 but thats on my PC.

·
Registered
891 Posts
you must show pics this time.

i r want to see beast

·
Sneeze
10,828 Posts
Your car made the red ring happen.. It was sad that you stopped working on it to play Xbox so it made the video games go away.....or something

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Small update... nothing new [poke]

Actually I needed the lift so I ended up pushing the Fofo back outside, then back inside... Then I took off to Wisconsin for a few days and ... well basically I havent done crap to th car.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts