Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My faithful '03 ZX2 bit the dust (okay, more like a flatbed trailer) a couple months ago, and I recently took delivery of my new 2012 Titanium.

After 2 weeks, I'm very happy with the car, and still learning new things it can do, but haven't braved the automated parking yet.

I just got the engine cover from the dealer and have it installed, waiting for the weather to clear long enough to get some pics now.

·
Banned
571 Posts
Go to a side street to practice the parking thing. And don't forget to brake! It won't do that for you. You have to be within 1.5 meters of the cars on whatever side you are trying to park on as the system searches for a spot. Oh, it seems to want to drive further forward than I would before it starts the parking process. Just follow the prompts.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I agree on finding a side street. That's what I did and it took me a while to figure out how it works! But it works great! You have to trust it (but not too much.. go slow!).

·
Registered
243 Posts
My faithful '03 ZX2 bit the dust (okay, more like a flatbed trailer) a couple months ago, and I recently took delivery of my new 2012 Titanium.

After 2 weeks, I'm very happy with the car, and still learning new things it can do, but haven't braved the automated parking yet.

I just got the engine cover from the dealer and have it installed, waiting for the weather to clear long enough to get some pics now.
The parking feature is way cool. It is nerve-wracking though! The car will get much closer to another car than I personally ever would. But it knows what it is doing. I only tested it when picking it up. Now that my brain has "programmed" the distance and path between the gas petal and brake, I think I would be a bit more comfortable moving faster when parking. At the dealer i only inched along....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts