Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now after I have had my stereo setup in my car for a few months I decided to take a serious approach to tuning the stereo. I have a rockford fosgate 3sixty.2 that will be doing the equalization. I am using factory speaker locations and currently do not have the doors or side pannels dynamated. Right now im using Infinity Kappa 6.5 inch componets in the front doors and kappa 6x8 coaxial rears.

The following pictures are graphs of the frequency response inside the car. These graphs were created using speaker workshop using white noise and with a flat eq set on the 3sixty....

Front speakers only (High Pass Filter set at 120hz with a 24db slope)

Rear Speakers only: (Bandpass Filter set at 120hz lp and 1khz hp with a 24 db slope)

In a perfect world there would be a straight line right at 0db which would mean your frequency response is completely flat. As you can see though inside a car there is a lot of things that affect frequency response inside a car hence the graph being all over the place

After some work messing with the eq this is where I am currently

Front speakers only (High Pass Filter set at 120hz with a 24db slope)

Rear Speakers only: (Bandpass Filter set at 120hz lp and 1khz hp with a 24 db slope)

So individually I am closer to getting my goal of a frequency response that varies no more than +/- 1.5db from flat. I still have some more tweaking to do and stuff but I will most likely have to dynamat the doors to help out.

Here is graph right now after having the front and rear speakers playing at the same time after messing with the eq

I will update this thread when I get closer and closer to my goal. I welcome all questions!!

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
Step 1: deaden doors.

Seriously. Do it. lol

i really want to see how well it evens out after that, im on the fence between buying better comps and just deadening the doors.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I more than certain after dynamat it will make a huge difference. I am curious though how far i can push it without dynamat. I still have to add my subs into the mix I am just trying to figure out at what point i should add them in.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can't wait for it to be done...should sound awesome

1 - 5 of 5 Posts