Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my buddy and i were driving back home from a night at the bowling alley. i thought since i am by myself in my car let's see what my focus can do. i pushed it to about 143 and then let off so the others could catch up. When my buddy caught up to me in his 4.6 mustang GT (96 model) he was playing with me.i thought why not. lets go!! he passed me and got the jump.but he was caught in traffic. we were doing about 70 when traffic cleared and this time i got the jump on him and stayed right on his ass. that was awesome to see him pushing and not getting away from me.we pushed it to about 130 but then we had to get off the autobahn.

Peace
DFM

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes there is!It's 80 in my area. But there are still some parts where they don't have speed limits. But almost nobody pays attention to the limits. I for my part almost always do 100 on the autobahn. Only if traffic allows it of course.[:D]
Peace
DFM

·
Registered
798 Posts
yeah nobody cares about the speedlimit over there. I'll never forget the day when we were going about 120 in my dads bimmer and then a 911 turbo and a Ferrari 360 pass by like we are going backwards.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Germany: Speeder's paradise [:D]

·
Registered
571 Posts
hendu33 said:
Were those speeds in miles or kilos per hour?

damn well better have been miles. 130 km/h is definitly not pushin any vehicle.. 'cept maybe my mother's sunfire. god i hate drivin that car....

Edit: wait a second.... Focus cuts out at around 110 mph, right? hhmm......

·
Registered
571 Posts
focus said:
He has the European version of the SVT
so those speeds are miles, right?
I guess that makes sense, then. I was gettin ready to pull the bullshit card on that one, cuz theres no damn way 130km/h is pushin any Mustang. If anything, you'd be holdin it back.

I actually just called up one of my buddies, who just happens to drive a '96 4.6L mustang GT (i shit you not..) and we went out to the highway where he hit 180 with out pushin it at all, then we had to take an exit to avoid drivin about 30km out of our way.....

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey guys!!
haven't been online for a while....
of course those are miles.....[8] duh!!don't think 130 k's would be worth mentioning here!!![:D]

about the mustang doin 180....really don't think so if it's bone stock!!!!![screwy]

the fastest we ever went in my buddies' stang was about 153. he was pushin hard and we ain't that big...[:D]

Peace

DFM

·
Registered
571 Posts
for god sakes. i mention 3 numbers that have a unit. 2 i specify KM, the other i didnt specify anything. why the hell would you assume i mean miles? [screwy] [8] yes , 180km/h. in a bone stock mustang gt. for god sakes, i can do damn near that in my focus.

I was just sayin, like dafocusman said afterwards, 130km/h is 1)not worth mentioning, and 2) NOT pushing a mustang, or a focus for that matter... only reason i brought it up was the 143mph in the focus, forgot he had a european SVT..... thats what made it look fishy to me...

EDIT: BTW 180km/h = about 105mph, definitly doable in a mustang....

·
Registered
571 Posts
okay, just for clarification.

speeds mentioned originally were 143 and 130, with no units given....

1) If you assume miles, and forget that he has a european SVT, then you gotta raise the BS flag, cus the North American versions cut out around 105 -120, dependin who you ask.

2) If you assume KM, first, thats not that fast and hardly worth mentioning here, and second, "pushin" a mustang GT to 130km/h = WTF?

now, since I've never driven a mustang GT personally, and very rarely ride in my buddy's, I decided I'd call him up to go for a spin before i opened my big mouth...
The town I live in has 2 exits off the divided highway that are about 2km apart. In that stretch of about 2km, he hit 180 km/h with out pushing it hard. When i got back, some one had posted that he has the European SVT, which changes everything, and all is right with the world again without having to call BS on anyone. Fair enough? [thumb]

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what up dave??
okay my bad for not sayin that ALL numbers given where in MILES!![?|]

btw i do have an european SVTF
[wave]

see you later

Peace

DFM

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
speed limits here are 65-75 but everyone does 80+, our highways are very long and have very few cars on them at times, making it a speeders paradise, but get caught and your FUBAR

·
Registered
571 Posts
I used to live out west in Saskachewan. I swear you can honestly drive for 2-3 hours on th highway with out and turns in the road. everything is perfectly flat.... not too great for speading though, cus the roads are shit...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.