Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone has a midwing on their focus and how did you mount it. i got one for christmas and it didn't come with any hardware to mount it. just wondering if any one has any ideas or can help.....thanks in advance.

·
Registered
437 Posts
mine never came w/ hardware either...you'll have to use your head and think of a way to put an object in the 4 holes that you drill that will allow you to press it up against the car and stay to mark it....

·
Registered
697 Posts
what are you smoking man you dont need to drill anything.

3M double sided adhesive tape, and also 3m adhesive enhancer. i know i do this for a living.

you can get it at any local autobody store. make sure its 3M or its junk. dont settle for anything else. explain to someone at the desk what your doing they'll help you im sure.

·
Registered
437 Posts
well i'm just telling him how i put mine on...the side pieces came w/ the 3m tape, but the back didn't and came w/ 4 screws, so i just improvised. i personally think it look great

·
Registered
697 Posts
should'nt have came with screws, one i got from ww did'nt have 'em. i returned it cause i didn't like it at the time, im kinda liking it now but not sure if i should get another one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help fella's. i was thinkin of the 3m double sided tape but didn't know if it would hold it for sure. i guess thats what i'll try...thanks again

·
Registered
697 Posts
it'll only hold if its used and preped right with the adhesive primier

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how do you suggest i prep it right.....like what steps to take. i was going to get the adhesive enhancer with the tape. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
437 Posts
well, you should wash the area you're going to use the tape at, dry it, and then i used rubbing alcohol which is supposed to help make it stick better? anywho, you also want to do it when its warm outside....they say to do it when its atleast 75 degrees outside

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a midwing spoiler for a good price online. Anyone?

·
Registered
697 Posts
there on e-bay now good prices.

hatchd03: use the enhancer after you've cleaned surface well. with water.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts