Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔo&
7,806 Posts
Thanks man, I got a looooong shopping list for my car right now, hopefully I'll get them soon after a few other things :)

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
... The Hellas are nice and the turning thing is neat. Appearance wise they look like a cheap aftermarket eBay headlight. And I'd be pissed if they got stuck while turned.

From the video if the Hellas in action my Machs look like they illuminate the road better. So Machs FTW. :)

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Just a couple of things. The Dynabeams floating around the USA (ones that the projectors turn) for the Focus are halogen, not Xenon HID. There is an HID model that looks exactly the same as the Dynabeams, but the projectors are fixed.

As to the look, until you see the Hella's in person, there is no way to comprehend the design and detail, which the best ebay headlight can't come anywhere close to. I can understand not preferring the design, but put the Hella next to any ebay unit and the differences in design/detail/quality are immediately apparent.

There is more detail in the Dyna than on the Machs. Hella designed the Dyna as (at the time of release) modern upgrade headlights.

Hella manufactured both the Machs and the Upgrade Dynas. Quality wise there are no better enclosed headlights for the 00-04 than the Hella's.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I do not doubt the quality as I would assume they would be great quality based on hella and there reputation. I am aware that hella is behind the Machs. But as for which one is better that is an opinion which I voiced mine. I was merely stating that the appearance of the design of the headlights looks similar to many headlights sold on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
What do i put here?
8,344 Posts
Just a couple of things. The Dynabeams floating around the USA (ones that the projectors turn) for the Focus are halogen, not Xenon HID. There is an HID model that looks exactly the same as the Dynabeams, but the projectors are fixed.

As to the look, until you see the Hella's in person, there is no way to comprehend the design and detail, which the best ebay headlight can't come anywhere close to. I can understand not preferring the design, but put the Hella next to any ebay unit and the differences in design/detail/quality are immediately apparent.

There is more detail in the Dyna than on the Machs. Hella designed the Dyna as (at the time of release) modern upgrade headlights.

Hella manufactured both the Machs and the Upgrade Dynas. Quality wise there are no better enclosed headlights for the 00-04 than the Hella's.
[headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang]

hella's ftw

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
I do not doubt the quality as I would assume they would be great quality based on hella and there reputation. I am aware that hella is behind the Machs. But as for which one is better that is an opinion which I voiced mine. I was merely stating that the appearance of the design of the headlights looks similar to many headlights sold on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
NP. Just filled in some pertinent information and context, and I am very familiar with the Dyna's having held them in my hands and witnessed all of the ebay headlights at meets. It is two different worlds.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
got a similar email reply

Hi Brian. Thanks for your inquiry.

Basically, I retro-fit/build "custom one-of-a-kind" lights per order (to customer preferences). A "base" retro-fit for the 04 Focus SVT headlights (includes 2~55 Watt Digital HIDs, 2~Bi-Xenon Projectors, 2~Chrome Gatling Style Shrouds, 100% "plug & play" install, and a lifetime manufacturer's warranty on all components) starts at $400/pair (USD) + shipping ($45). You have to send me your headlights (in California) to retro-fit. I can also provide Brand New OEM style 04 Focus SVT headlights to build with, for $150/pair extra (chrome or black). The video you are referring to included the following options as well....

> Large "E46" Style Shrouds = $75/pair

> CCFL Angel Eyes (white) = $80/pair

> Audi Style SMT LEDs (across bottom) = $80/pair

> SMT LEDs (in outer "vent" openings) = $80/pair

I use only REAL, High Quality, High Performance "Bi-Xenon" (Hi/Lo) Projectors & 55 Watt HIDs (40% brighter than 35w HID) with all my builds. I have MANY options (and colors) available (too many to list), to build a set of unique lights (to your taste). All my retro-fits/custom builds also include 100% "plug & play" install, lifetime manufacturer's warranty on all HID & Projector components & live technical assistance (7 days > e-mail, phone or Skype).

Let me know... I can send a detailed PayPal invoice for your order anytime you're ready to get started. Shipping instructions will be forwarded once payment is received. Current "estimated" turn around time is at least 8-12 weeks (depending on mods/options). You'll receive "final" pics/video of them when complete & notification of shipping with tracking. Btw, I can build "custom" by request, however you want (prices vary). Please feel free to contact me directly anytime with any questions, to discuss specifics, or to place a custom order. Business hours are 8am-6pm (PST). I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Have a great day!

www.sickhids.com

Brian Tremblay 530-205-9163

Skype me @ brian.tremblay420

Become a fan Sick HIDs / Facebook

A little pricey, yes, but a shit-ton of work goes into these lights.

I agree, Mach's or Dynabeams are better for the money, but if you want to have good quality lights, be different, and be willing to pay for that, this is the way to go.

·
C2H5OH
11,868 Posts
Anyone that puts anything "420" in any type of 'business' info, is just a no go IMO. It's childish and unprofessional.

"High quality" to me reads as 'Cheap Chinese crap with a bright light to make them seem good'.

Show something installed with cutoff pics. That's really all that matters, can you/I see at night or not.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well guys I might retrofit mine !!! its cheaper and I'm sure the job is done the way i like it to be done :p anyways, I need to get coilovers before :p I already have a philips HID bi-xenon kit, 6000k..that honestly works perfectly..so its doing more than the job for now :p

Oh and also have to admit that dynabeams are way sick too :)

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
LOL 500-600 bucks for headlights? no thanks. ill stick with my factory ones they light the road just fine
Drive a car with a proper projector setup. You'll never go back to stock halogen headlights.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts