Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a 2.3L duratec with 23,000 miles. Needless to say too much oil was put in and the car was slow and it blew smoke out of the exaust. It was driven for 52 miles from A to B. I changed the oil and put in 3.5quarts of oil in it and started it up and all I goota do now is run it till it's normal.

Now for the part that freaked me out. I look up at the hood and I see little tiny drops of oil and a light on my dash says fuel cap is off but it's not.

I would use my SCT2 and diagnose it but I don't want a code to be left behind to make it look like it was a tune that messed my engine up.

So should I take off my sway bar and CAI and take it to the dealer?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
you put wrong amount of oil in it. 4.5 quarts is the normal amount. Unless you mistyped in your post. The light is probably because of oil pressure - could be caused by low amount of oil. add another quart and a half and see what happens.

oh...bummer...you're 2.3L. Never mind. I don't know how many quarts goes in then...but the rest stands though...

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
The Duratec 2.3 takes 4.5 quarts. From his note it sounds like it was overfilled before he changed the oil and put 3.5 quarts in.
I certainly wouldn't bother swapping out the sway bar, and if you have a decent dealer the CAI shouldn't make any difference with your problem.
Question: Did you put in the wrong amount of oil, or did you hit a "Quik-E-Stop"?
Because if you hit one on the quick oil change places and they put the wrong amount of oil in they should be responsible for it....

·
Registered
25,630 Posts
Just so you know, most dealers are not going to sweat a CAI and a sway bar IMO. But I guess it depends on the dealer.

Was it overfilled in the binning?? If so, you may just have oil in the intake track that needs to be cleaned, you may need to clean the Maf too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.