Focus Fanatics Forum banner

OMG my D23 is gone.

4K views 45 replies 21 participants last post by  Djzx3 
#1 ·
Just happened today and my GF is crushed, we put about 3-4K into this car, and some little 16, year old girl in a lexus es 300 did this.

O god.[bigcry]

The frame is bent.

Stuff pushed into the motor and P/S, enough that is disconnected the P/S line.

We are crushed, the car is defiantly going to be totaled, no dough, I just hope they will let me take the performance parts off, and make a deal for me to take the motor, trans, and all wiring, so it can be transferred into my wagon.

But we will have to wait and see, it just happened.

Me personally, I have no words right now. Besides we will be getting another ZX3.

Djzx3

Mods, please go down to the D23-crew, and close my build thread down there, it will not be needed anymore.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thank you, and it was hard enough that she got seat belt burn, and was taking off in a ambulance, she's home now, but she is in some pain.

OMG !!! I was just telling some of my friends the other day about this Yellow Focus with Bluish wheels......Man this sucks...at least you're ok
God man, I loved this car, I put my blood sweat and tears into it.

We our both just crushed by this, IDK what to think about the car right now, besides I want the motor and parts off it.

#6 ·
The truck in the pic wasn't involved, she just pulled out in-front of her when she was 10-15 feet on her.

My GF was doing the speed limit and everything, when the cops called me, they were already saying the 16 yr old girl was at fault, and I believe a witness stopped and said what happened too.

On another note, I need to change my avatar, it kills me to look at it, I mean it really almost brings a grown man to tears. As I tell everyone, cars are not just cars to me.

#10 ·
Thanks Buickboy, I'm really glad she wasn't hurt more then she is.

And I'm also glad I didn't put any of those new parts we bought on the car yet, besides the E-brake boot, which I might get back anyways.

#11 ·
Man, this is the 3rd accident I've read about in a month on here... I hate these threads :'( God only knows what I'd do if someone did that to my car after all the time (and $$$) I've put into her...

Glad you're ok, that's the important part... Maybe now's the time to get the new ST as the new incarnation of your old car?

#15 ·
Yea, I bet looking at pics just makes ya stop, and stare at it.

I know I stared at these pics for about a half hour, and just felt nothing, and thought nothing.

I mean, what can you think, besides in my case, the part on the car/motor/trans/exhaust/CAI.

But I kept receipts for all those parts, so I'll either get restitution for it, or the parts themselves.

#16 ·
That sucks man! I lost my first fofo in 04 because someone did an unexpecting u-turn in front of me, totalling the car. But shortly after I bought my second because I love the focus so much. I know how you feel though, right now it might be confusing, but you'll get into another zx3. They're pretty inexpensive lol

#18 ·
We hope we can find another 2.3l hatch, but if not, she has found a 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX that's not priced too badly near us.

It has a Mono steering wheel on it, blue interior inserts, and a boost gauge for the turbo. But I'd still want my aftermarket parts of the yellow car back too. So we will see how everything goes, I'll update.

#19 ·
A WRX with a MOMO wheel? Pretty cool. If you're going for a WRX, I'd definitely suggest you get a compression and leakdown test done on it before sealing a deal. That would be an elite ride for you guys, one you could be equally proud of. If you guys DO decide to go down that route, I'm gonna bug y'all for a few rides, as I love those cars. The early 2000s Bugeyes are among the most-reliable in the range. That AWD comes in handy too...

#21 ·
Really? I'm already jelly. Those things are beastly cars. EFI's built some WRXs that have put down 400whp on the dyno. That's more than some moderately built bigger-brother WRX STis. It's a platform that definitely rewards well-planned mods.

One chapter closes, and another one begins, as they say. Best wishes for you guys in getting through this and into a new ride. You can be sure I'll be patting my FoFo tonight, thankful that so far, so good.

For a moment I thought this may have been the big accident I caught a glimpse of on Rt. 6 today, but that was two SUVs if I recall.

#22 ·
Yea this was on Copper Mine rd, just outside of Bristol.

But the funny thing is, when the cop called me, he for one said, my GF was not at fault, but he also said we are still in Bristol here? IDK, I'll go down to the Bristol PD, in the morning and try to get the police report before going to see our lawyer.

#25 ·
Sucks about the car, glad to hear the G/F is ok.

on a side note: They cannot say you cant take any parts off YOUR car. it is still YOUR car till you sign the title over after they total it. Or, if you dont want to bother with that...include the cost of the parts in the settlement offer....you do NOT have to agree with the amount they offer you, remember your not at fault, you have wiggle room in the offer.

#27 ·
Thank you Blue,

And the car was leased, so we still owe the bank around 3500. So they will have to give us our parts that we want, and enough to pay the car off, and hopefully enough to go put a down payment on the Subaru.

If not that, then pay the car off, and give me enough to put a real nice down payment on the Subaru.

IDK if my GF is going to look for another 2.3l, she's excited about this Subaru WRX now, and to tell ya the truth.... I kinda am too.

But atleast I still got my wagon, so I can still hang around here, and FJ.

Again, thank you guys so much for all the support, this is what a car community is all about, the hard times, and the good time, and I tell ya what, when the bad times roll around, the forums defiantly show their support for a fellow car/focus owner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.