Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so people probably know i had my pinch bolt break about a week ago and my car ended up like this.

well at 2pm today i got rear-ended by a early 90's chevy 1500 towing a tailer and it had a snow plow mount on the front.

those mounts went threw the bumper put a hole in the crash bar and then pushed it in a good 3-4". the bumper of the truck them hit my hatch and pushed it in about 1/2"-3/4" and the latch area even more.

so yeah, FOFO down... now i have to decide to
1.) fix it myself
2.) go threw insurance and risk my rated going sky high.

going to ask them what will happen if i put a claim threw, since its not my fault i don;t think it should go up.. but in ontario you bend over and they decide if you get a rough pole or one they lubed up a little.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Tell the guy to go down to the dealership and order you an SAP rear

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got a SVT one in my garage thats going on.

i just have to hear from the insurance what will happens to my premium

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i agree i shouldn't have to pay.. but here you go threw your insurance then they go after his insurance for the money. its a huge scam. i just don't want to put it threw and go from 235 a month to 300 something.. so im seeing what it will do if i claim it.. but really if your not at fault, you shouldn't pay for someone else hitting you.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if it does go threw insurance i have a hatch and bumper. so ill get them to do a quote wait for it to be aproved. and give them the bumpers i have and hatch in turn i want them to sray my front SVT bumper too. should make everyone happy cause it will probably let them pocket extra $$ and i get what i want.

i might put a new drivers fender that got damaged with the pinch bolt too

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i just hope this works out in my favor. but i usually get the short end of the stick.

maybe for once my luck can change. or just let me get struck by lightning already.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Wow so much bad luck lately. Hope you can get her back on the road soon.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im still driving it around. drivers straight, no vibrations or anything so im pretty sure nothings bent (other then crash bar).

got to wait till monday to find out whats happening with insurance. i think its probably a 2k repair job for all new parts and paint.

up side if i get a loaner car im going to see if i can get a 12 focus

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
don't come to windsor then.
the guy was nice, he felt horrible and almost started crying because he just got word his father died a bit before and he said it was distracting him. he admitted fault at the reporting station.

and i wish i could stay off the road for a bit but i gots to work midnights tonight and tomorrow then days threw out the week. works about 20km away.

fathers coming down on sunday so i might have him taxi me around since he doesn't want me driving the car till its fixed.

and i think im on bad thing #3 right now. i just re-pasted my G73 now the power button is sticking on it and this is causing it to not start. atm im sore, tired, frustrated and i have to work 11pm till 7am.. oh i may just go hide somewhere

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Well if God hates your Focus, you should be honored. It means you're a threat!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts