Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm making this thread while I wait for my ECU to reset. I've been lurking here with no account since about 2006 when I got my 2000 ZTS and it overheated at 70k miles. Now its at 130k miles, and I wanted to thank this forum for providing an extreme wealth of knowledge about the focus. Most people just say, "well sell your focus because its crap" when i ask them for help with it. Between this forum and my mechanic uncle I have managed to keep my focus running in good shape all these years. Say what you will about Ford and the design of the focus, but it was designed to be easily fixed. Of all the 100 problems i've had, none of them put the engine out of commission.

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
Yes indeed it is cheaper to keep them going then to have a big car payment. If you take care of it you should hit 200000 miles no problem. [wrenchin]

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
ZTS helps, in the earlier cars like yours it got you a Zetec in the Sedan.

Welcome as a member, you've been checking in longer than I've had mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If only I had made my account back then, I'd have that sweet old account feeling :p. Yeah, from what I understand, the ZTS is the mk I set up which is identical to the ZX3 hatchback from the same year. My car is a federal auction car, so I didn't pick any of the add ons, but the original buyer asked for every single doo dad ford offered (including the faux wood panel). A lot of people hate the faux wood look, but I have grown to like it.

Now that I think of it, I got a few offers in the early years to sell my car for parts because my mechanic had an SE that was manufactured in the same week as mine (he checked the timestamps) and wanted rebuild the front end. In the end, nothing beats researching on this forum then heading to the scrap yard to pick through the focus graveyard for the right part. Last week it was a RR spindle with the bearing still pressed in. 8 bucks :) ... although a new abs tone ring was 28 bucks... haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts