Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm not sure if you guys are annoyed from this but I am!

I'm tired hearing the Chime my car makes. Everytime I open the door, it beeps.. when the door is open and keys left in, it kills me... When I have 80kms of fuel left, it beeps... when my lights are left on, it beebs.... Oh how bout the seatbelt not fasten ?!

Any way to get rid of theses annoying noises ?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
You can turn the seatbelt thing off, that owners manual tells you how, it is called the Belt Minder.

As for the other beeps and chimes, idk what you can do to eliminate them.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Personally I like them. They're just loud enough to prevent you from leaving your lights on, leaving your keys in the car, not noticing that your door/one of your passenger's doors/the trunk is open, etc.

Also, my mom generally refuses to wear her seatbelt, and I'm glad the Belt Minder is in there. It annoyed her enough to buckle up.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Also, compared to a lot of other cars, I think our chime is very mild. The best I've heard was from a Chevy HHR, though. Sounded like I was in an 8-bit video game every time I made a turn or opened the door.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
These are the easiest ways to turn off the chimes.

Seat belt beep: http://www.focusfanatics.com/howtos/seatbelt/

Key Reminder: Remove the key

Light reminder: Turn off your lights

80 kms of fuel: I don't even know what that means. my car must not have that.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
80 kms of fuel: I don't even know what that means. my car must not have that.
On the US version, this reminder chimes when you have low fuel: approximately 50 miles until empty, or about 2 gallons. I'm guessing his is in metric, thus the kilometers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts