Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded my reproduction pegasus wheels for a set of true OEM capella 18 inchers. The guy had 255/35 on two of em, and 225/40 on the other two, so i will need a set of tires, but all in all,i am happy. They should fit without issues correct?

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Can I see pics of the 255/35s? How wide are the wheels

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
I just traded my reproduction pegasus wheels for a set of true OEM capella 18 inchers. The guy had 255/35 on two of em, and 225/40 on the other two, so i will need a set of tires, but all in all,i am happy. They should fit without issues correct?
The Pegasus were 17", correct? Keep in mind that the MK3 uses a different steering rack for 18" wheels:

18" Wheels- BV6Z-3504-CE

16" or 17" Wheels- BV6Z-3504-DE

I am not sure of the exact difference but it may be to limit travel to avoid tire rub.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Me either. If i am off this weekend i might stick em in for shits and giggles to see how they're gonna look and feel. New, matching tires are in order first, and one wheel has alot of rash on it. resto, prep, and paint shouldn't take more than a day.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Wheel wise you should be fine (assuming tire sizes are ok too...); 6mm difference is only 1/4 inch.

I was worried that 17x7.5 with a 40mm offset (factory 17s are 50mm) and 235/45/17s might cause issues, but I still have a lot of room. I think I could comfortably run 8s and 245s on it, and there's probably a few guys on the board here who do, we'd just have to search a bit.

Looking forward to pics!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
I shouldn't even ask....

WHY would you want wide tires on the back of a FWD car?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Wrote that wrong, sorry. What i meant was the tires i have right now are different sizes, and to keep them from rubbing thats how im going to do it. Im focusing on the thickness, i should have been more specific. When i buy new tires they are going to be same Size all around

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
No apology necessary, even if you wanted wider in back for the look we'd just rib you about it (grin).

Wear those free tires out, then get what you want later!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Noticed the other thread on color, and i've got to admit Gold & Red do go together well.

A bit flashy IMHO, and it's been overdone in the past. For something other than blacl/silver on that I think a bronze would be good, maybe especially since it's dropped in popularity recently (grin). Same color coordination as gold & red but toned down a bit.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 25 Posts