Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright here is the idea seeing as how the iceman intake is pretty good an all it is some bigger tubing i was thinking.

I have an SVT snorkel and lower airbox form my friends car, so wouldnt all i need is to increase the stock tube going from the box to the tb and get a drop in filter to get the same amount of power.

So the idea would be bust out my dremel work the inside of the stock tube and drop in a K&N. ?? Any ideas would help or maybe a used iceman intake tube for sale that you snorkel broke ???

Also i will figureout how to get a duct on the side of the airbox to that doesnt look as bad as dryer tubing.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I had the same idea before. I had the tube from a MAC Short Ram coming from the TB to the stock airbox. I installed a K&N drop in, and Iceman add on resonator duct. I also had the SVT Snorkel and it worked well butdidnt look all that pretty. I still like the Iceman better but to each hi own. I would suggest for the tubing that yo go to E-bay and get a cheap short ram for like 40 bucks then cut the tube to what length you need.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, anyone else ? I was looking and the ITG panel filter costs about as much as a short ram, the K&N will maybe be a little cheaper cause i can get 20 percent off at advanced auto parts. Anythign else i can do to the intake how about dremelling out he stock tube. also any ideas for the resoantor duct thing the svt's run all the way thru the box so maybe i could pull it out melt it together (its split) and put it into the fender ?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay i cant find the thread that has the kn cone filter.

does any one have a tb spacer was wondering if that works on fuel injected car.

Also maybe one of you guys that have experimented know this which is bigger the svt snorkel or the ice man one. ??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts