1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

There she is
And......
here are my wheels.

What do you guys think about wheel color? OEM silver? BBS Gold? Matte or gloss black? Dark silver base/clear? Baby-shit brown? Im at a loss. My old wheels were black and my hub caps are silver, so i know how those colors look.. Leave your $.02 below!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
650 Posts
I like gloss and chrome but I am old school. The youngins here like matte. It really pisses me off when you see a 65K Mercedes and they plasiticoat it matte black. What the Heck!!!!! or they drop the car. All that engineering right out the window. That my 10 cents and you owe me 8 :) I saw this somewhat new Acura today and it was dropped and the rear wheels had to be installed slanted in (or whatever you call it) so it would either not rub or fit. The fronts were straight.....looked ASSINE!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
So what do you want to do? Paint the wheels under the hubcap's? If so I'd just leave them.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So what do you want to do? Paint the wheels under the hubcap's? If so I'd just leave them.
no I probably should have worded that differently. I meant I already have an idea what those two colors look like on the car. I'm wanting to paint my new Volvo wheels a certain color but I'm not sure what

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like gloss and chrome but I am old school. The youngins here like matte. It really pisses me off when you see a 65K Mercedes and they plasiticoat it matte black. What the Heck!!!!! or they drop the car. All that engineering right out the window. That my 10 cents and you owe me 8 :)
a lot of times you can buy performance cars like the AMG series and stuff like that. I know the Hyundai Velociter (spelling) can be bought with flat paint. but it's far as wheels go I don't like Chrome on a little car. hatchbacks just seem like they need to be colored

Call me a traditionalist, but I actually like how they look on the pictures already!
I was thinking that a real metallic flake style silver

·
Registered
650 Posts
True SE, but not plasticoat for cripes sake :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This^^^^^^ I'd just leave them.
well to be honest if you seen in em person they do need repainted they are horrible. sine rash needs to be filled in and sanded down and whatnot, but I'm really thinking about a bbs gold. They have a basket weave style to em

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it was dropped and the rear wheels had to be installed slanted in (or whatever you call it) so it would either not rub or fit. The fronts were straight.....looked ASSINE!
I believe that's called "stanced", lol
I've seen it done tastefully, but i have also seen complete shit

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
The new wheels have a great design which will complement the car and look very original. As for color.. Tough to make a color to not fail with the car color.
I would start by saying choose a color which has the same grey scale as the red to keep the balance.
I would find a grey paint which would be just perky enough to show up, but not be a lot 'brighter' than the paint of the car.
A warm grey to not clash. IE not a blue hued grey.

Black is too heavy for a red car IMO. Most none greycolors would clash.
So silver. titanium, grey, lighter grey, darker grey, etc. A metallic color which shines would be better than a flat dull color.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'd say get them glass beed-blasted and just clear coat them.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I like the wheels as they are. Put them on the car and live with them awhile then come back to thinking about a color if you really don't like them.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Decisions, decisions.

... What do you guys think about wheel color? OEM silver? BBS Gold? Matte or gloss black? Dark silver base/clear? Baby-shit brown? Im at a loss. ...
This same question came up with your other wheels a few months ago in another thread, Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus > Post your Race Red pics I pretty much agree with what Elizabeth said, so my $.02 for you is the same as it was then:

... They are now ready for paint! I just can't decide the color i want them! ...
The 2014 Focus ST-3 Ford had at the last car show I went to was Race Red with Rado Gray wheels and it looked really good.

In my opinion, bright colors like Race Red or Tangerine Scream don't need more flash from shiny wheels. Plain silver looks OK, but has been used everywhere for a couple of decades. I like the "stainless steel" like finish of the 17" Y-spoke alloys on the SE Appearance Package, but not as much as I like Rado Gray:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts