Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well this really doesnt belong here but- i work at a small ford dealership. today i saw rice and hypocrisy. customer brings in a zx3 for service work. tells us its an svt. first of all its white. second its on 15 inch stock wheels. third its an AUTOMATIC! what makes it an svt i asked. he proudly pointed to the front fender and said look- its right there. sure enough to go along with the hideous body kit there were stickers on the fenders proclaoming svt. god what a ricer.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I want to do very very bad things [}:)]

Seriously if he wants to pretend he has SVT its one thing but to get an automatic and pretend makes me mad real drivers don't drive automatic (sorry to offend anyone but if ur into racing chances are you don't)

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
To defend ATX'rs

I'm very much into racing, but I've never been taught how to drive a manual. I live and work over a mountain and so when I bought mine I knew that I didn't want to learn in that enviroment. However, I've been looking around for combination trannies. Oh, and no offense. [^] [;)]

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
LOL.....now that is too funny. Too bad that you didn't get any pics[hihi] I feel like having a good laugh today.
Odublar, don't worry. I just learned how to drive a manual last year. All my previous cars have been automatics. Sometimes I wish I still had a automatic the way the traffic and the mountains are around here.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wannabes

this was no shot at auto boxes. if i lived somewhere with lots of traffic, it would be a consideration. its just that this car was such a joke. its like back in 02 before the yellow euro package was available. was towing car to a race weekend. gas station attendent told me he had one too. i asked what color. he said yellow. wife said but they dont make yellow.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Its understandable if you've never been taught but it really is simple and worth the effort of learning Im 16 years old and my car is manual (in my family its unacceptable to drive automatic only person who does is my mom who drives a SUV)
If one of your friends knows how to drive manual I would definatly get him/her to teach you its alot more exciting driving manual and it really isn't that hard to learn it.

but anyway I still say the guy is a poser even if he doesn't know how to drive manual He is claiming on an SVT when his car is nothing like an SVT (automatic, 16" rims, and it was white) and he is going to pay for it soon enough he will pull up on a real SVT and be like uh o [driving]

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
You should snipe him out with a camera....[rofl]

·
Registered
49 Posts
You should tell him auto SVT do not exist in your service manual, so he must got a limited edition auto SVT. The cost to work on his car will double on both parts and labor and see his reaction.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
^^^^^ That is a good one. A white SVT, that is funny. Garyk you really should try and get a pic of that one, I would love to see that. I think that would be safe call when I say "Rice". [hihi]

Since we are talking about manual tranny driving. I will say that I learn how to drive in a manual, love it. Except when I'm stuck in traffic on the freeway. Its a pain then.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
What kind of idiot tries to convince the DEALER that their car is something it is not. Yeah, the dealer isn't going to know the difference, right?? Hmm, says SVT so it must be one...

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yep. the best was when dave our service manager pointed out the picture of my svtf race car on the wall and said now thats an svt the way god intended them to look. btw, its a copy of the pic hal shot on the cool down lap of my nov emra race @summit point. in it im behind two awesome nascar trucks.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
What did dude say when that happen. Was the look one of those priceless moments? [hihi]

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
garyk said:
... pointed out the picture of my svtf race car on the wall and said now thats an svt the way god intended them to look. btw, its a copy of the pic hal shot on the cool down lap of my nov emra race @summit point...
Do you have any pics posted on the internet to look at.....?

I searched under your username and nothing....I'd really like to see it. [:)]

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pics

over on focal jet there are some posted by hal. he has shots from a test day in oct, some from vir and the shot i mentioned above. also there is some video on here posted by ultra in the race section. thats from our g2g at vir in nov. theres a great shot of turbo toms 325 hp car coming up on me on the back straight. really coming up! right now car is up at kearney racing in capitol heights md getting a new cage. hopefully ill have it back next month. by then i might even have a digital camera. and when dave said to the fella i actually felt bad for him. i mean, hes working with what hes got. i get more of a kick blowing posuers minds. like when i get asked "did it come this way?". yeah, ford builds them w/roll cages now.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bump

i just bumped those videos up.the one marked the race has a turboed svt taping some of us. i am the silver foci in the 1st few minutes till 8 lbs of boost goes by.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
garyk said:
yep. the best was when dave our service manager pointed out the picture of my svtf race car on the wall and said now thats an svt the way god intended them to look.
Thats so great I bet the guy felt like a total indiot and he should

1 - 17 of 17 Posts