Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The car I got the seats out of had seat heater buttons on the console, it was a standard mine is automatic, now if it will fit how much of the wiring do I need to plug them in?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
They'll bolt right in. You more then likey have to wire them in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea but how much wire do I have to bring with the console? I know Ford has it wired to the seats already but where is the plug for the switches?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Yea but how much wire do I have to bring with the console? I know Ford has it wired to the seats already but where is the plug for the switches?
Your more then likey have to wire up the seats connector to the floorboard & then to a relay & thru the console to the switches. I'd look at a electronic schematic diagram.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Once wired up, could be one of the seat heaters don't work, whether its a back or bottom heater.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Back in the 90s I built a lil 81 mustang and upgraded the interior from a Capri RS, it had several added features and when I got to the part all the wiring was in place all I had to do was just plug them in. I would assume it is easier to mass produce a body wiring harness and then just add what is installed. So actually in theory with the heated seats from the same car should plug into my car somewhere without "wiring" anything

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm really not too concerned about it and probably won't go back after the console, in the past 2 months I have pulled the alt twice, changed the halkshafts new tires and swapped the interior from salvage, and one of the back bearings is singing, no play in it yet but I just ordered 2 drums and a set of frontts with spindles today, there's more hard stuff and it is December
lOL

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Funny I use to have a '82 Capri RS w/ the box fenders. I always liked those fenders better then the Mustangs. Lots of suspension mods on that car as most of my vehicles.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Good lawd you got those awesome seats for 66 BUCKS?????

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup, the leather was filthy and dried out but not cracked or ripped, they spent about 36 hours being sprayed soaked and rubbed down with saddle soap every 30 minutes or so. To save them I didn't call a detail expert I called a cowboy LOL. My dad has enough saddles and bridles trading I knew he'd know how to treat them. They are sharp but there are tiny use marks but far better than the ones in the car when my daughter gave it to me

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did these come out of an st?
The back seat came out of a ZX5, and the fronts from a ZX3, I don't know the trim package on them, truth be known they are not a perfect match. I had the pass side from the ZX5 and the driver from the ZX3 and had to go back to get the other front seat to match. They are very very close and not noticable unless the fronts were one of each.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts