Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have searched hi and low and can't seem to get the right answer on my question :

I have the stock 2002 Focus with 185/65 R 14 rims and for the winter I have a set of Blizzaks off a Focus that had 195/60/15. Is this a simple switch or is there more to it ????? Are bolt patterns the same ? The current pattern is
4x108.

Any advice would be appreciated.

P.S. car is stock. Not lowered etc....

·
Registered
389 Posts
The phrasing of your question is the thing...

Do you have a set of 15" wheels at your disposal? You say you have the Blizzaks (15" tires) but you didn't say whether they were already mounted on some 15" wheels, or if you have a set of 15" wheels to mount them on.

I really don't mean this to sound insulting, but you probably already know you can't put a 15" tire on a 14" rim.

If you don't have 15" wheels, you'll need some. And yes, the bolt pattern on ALL Foci is 4x108.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a set of winter tires on steelies that came off of a 2004 Focus. These tires are 195/60R15's and the rims are 15". My tires on my Focus are 185/65R14 on 14" tires. I guess what I am asking is "will the 15" rims off the 2004 Focus fit my 2002 Focus without any modification?"

Thanks and sorry about the lame wording....

·
Registered
389 Posts
You'll be fine. They'll bolt right on.

That's what I'm trying to get my son to do, in a sense - get some nice wheels (15 or 16") for the summer, but keep the 14" steelies and get some snows on them.

Oh - and, Welcome!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yep, that will definitely work.
While we're talking about it, will advance track or ST front brakes fit into 14's? Certain 15's clear SVT brakes, but I don't see info on the step below that. I'm guessing no, but maybe somebody with multiple foci tried it?

·
Registered
573 Posts
1-st I dont think so I had a focus ses that came with the big brakes and I tried a set of 15s on and they would not clear the calipers wouldnt even bolt up without scaping the rotors hard.

·
Registered
584 Posts
i might just need to start a thread on that. my 15" centerlines clear with a little room to spare, but they aren't as roomy as the rota's and i'd be quite suprised if SVT brakes fit in them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts