Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well pretty much its needed a clutch since the day i bought it, i know theres a thread about clutch and flywheel setups, but im very confused on what seems to work the best, i really need to know hands down what is the best clutch for reliability and and alot of track time, right now im going all motor so i need to know wich one has proven to be the best and im also matting it with an lightwieght flywheel from fidanza.

please dont delete this post, i know theres others like it but none of them really answered my question so thgat why im making this thread. thanks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
A ceramic 4 or 6 puck clutch (CM stage 4, Spec stage 3) will reliably handle plenty of power and track use. How you use it will determine how long it lasts, but it will wear out significantly faster than a stock or full-face Kevlar clutch (CM stage 3, Spec stage 2).

How much power are you going to be running? What kind of track use? What kind of durability (longevity, that is, not reliability) are you looking for?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well pretty much the dragstip is the only track ill ever see around here and prolly about 220hp max, i relativly good with clutches seeing that ive been racing at the strip for about 4 years and i had a act stage 4 in my 450hp gsx eclipse that did very well for the amount of power that thing had, so when i say reliability im really just talking about one thats not going to start slipping during cold weather like i saw on one thread or have really harsh engagement when launching. thanks for helping me out man.

·
/fail
3,193 Posts
what is Tom running on his SVT?

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
I'm sure Tom has a Stage 4 Clutchmasters. But he is also making absorbitant amounts of power. I personally love my CM Stage 3 for day-to-day use.

·
Registered
60 Posts
02SVTscreamin said:
well pretty much the dragstip is the only track ill ever see around here and prolly about 220hp max, i relativly good with clutches seeing that ive been racing at the strip for about 4 years and i had a act stage 4 in my 450hp gsx eclipse that did very well for the amount of power that thing had, so when i say reliability im really just talking about one thats not going to start slipping during cold weather like i saw on one thread or have really harsh engagement when launching. thanks for helping me out man.

I had a CM stage 4. I was running 50-75 shot on it and it held the power fine. It lasted 27K miles and those are mostly highway. It started slipping in cold weather and that was all she wrote. After replacing it and getting the CM parts back from the shop, closer inspection revealed over half the pads were still left on the disk. But on the PP side of the disk there was at least 1/4 inch of the disk that was untouched. The PP was shot.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so it was actually your pressure plate that took a dump on you? i was thinking it was the disc, how would a spec stage 1 do? mated to a lightweight flywheel, also is there any 1/4 mile time differences with the fidanza flywheel?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts