Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly if the difference between a procharger and a supercharger? I'm really curious and as the title said.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
its the same!

procharger is a company.

also the procharger is not a roots blower type

its centrifgal, looks like a turbo

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
just the name of the company that makes a supercharger [:)]

and I believe it is "centrifugal" [hihi] (lol bad spelling makes me cry...)

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
^yep, procharger is made by ati. its a centrifugal supercharger that mounts like an alternator or any other accessory. a roots style is bolted right to the intake side of the head/s. kenne bell is a company famous for roots style blowers.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
thread defeated. lol, one person can really only answer.....though many may provide other information, the basic question is answered and the only thing left to do is agree, say the same thing, or explain why a thread has been defeated. I have chosen the latter [rofl]

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
A Supercharger is the genaric name given to a belt driven device that forces compressed air into an engine.

Now you have 2 types:
Root Style, looks like a screw that bolts directly onto your intake manifold and is driven by a belt.

Centrifugal, Looks like a turbo only where the exhaust housing would be there is a pulley for the belt.

There are Pro's and Con's to both setups I am not going to go into that, you can search now that you know the types.

Companies that make Superchargers for the Focus are but not limited to:

Jackson Racing - Root Style
Powerworks - Root Style
Vortec - Centrifugal
Procharger - Centrifugal

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys i forgot i posted this lol.[thankyou]

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
thread defeated. lol, one person can really only answer.....though many may provide other information, the basic question is answered and the only thing left to do is agree, say the same thing, or explain why a thread has been defeated. I have chosen the latter [rofl]
I really enjoyed reading this......I am still laughing![chairfall]

To the OP, where are you located in Ohio?

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm from Wayne county. I don't know if that helps you or not. I'm like 3hrs 30mins from cinci or something like that. I almost went to school there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts