Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i need your help one more time before im done i got all my turbo stuff except oil lines, intercooler piping, and down pipe. all i need to know is on the intercooler piping tom said to go 2 in from turbo to ic then 2.5 from ic to tb. now im going to get all of it custom bent at an exhaust shop if i can just need to know placement of everything. maf, bov, ect., ect. and can i just use a universal piping kit or is it better to get custom bent? and also do i have to get steel or is the alluminum just as good? all help is much apprecitated. also if anyone knows of a place i can just order this stuff that kinda info would be great as well. i live in kinda a small town so we dont have alot of great places to get this stuff done. thanks.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
don't know about placement of everything, but aluminum should be just fine. somebody correct me if i'm wrong! custom bent would be better if the shop has experience doing intake work, as well. and as for where to get any of this stuff, i'll have to hand that off to the next person who replies \/

·
Registered
535 Posts
just get a cheap CAI off ebay and meet up to the spot where the filter usually goes with your own piping. OH and splice in your BOV inbetween. My .02

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
be carful at going to a muffler shop you want maderal bent tubes instead of the crimped stuff they use. If you get a 2.5inch pipe and then bend it the way a muffler shop does then at the bend it will be like 2 inches. I would buy a pipe kit try looking on e-bay I've heard they have kits on there you can piece togather something.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats the thing i dont know the pieces i need i can get all the tubes but still need to know which pieces i need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts