Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i know i know ive read the review and read what tom has to say but i read and still dont understand are cams worth it people say they feel it like they get more horsepower but are they actually getting a better throttle response and ive read how tom said he hasnt seen anybody gain whp off of a dyno but why when u buy them you need to dyno for the perfect setting i thought if after u dyno and u find the setting wont u gain power and another question what if ur cheap like me and u buy a cam http://focus.c-f-m.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1101 like these which i might buy right now would it still matter since i now my svt so well couldnt i just drive to what feel best instead of dropping $200 on a dyno which is more than the damn part jus my 0.02 cents so basically should i buy the cam or not long essay and also ive searched and havent found any real answer 4 what i need help with thankz

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
...IMHO, for the gain you get it's not worth the $$ if you just change cams....You said it best, "if ur cheap like me ", if that's you philosophy, leave your car alone and just drive it as it is...
P.S your link is only for cam gears,but your talking cams...??

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
wow, that's the longest run-on sentence i've ever seen. i don't know exactly why you have to tune cams, but you do. it has to do with the timing or something. the "butt dyno" isn't the best way to go in this case lol

·
FF Affiliate
31,101 Posts
No you wont see any gains from cam gears on a SVT as well as 9 out of 10 people that install them cant get them back right because of the VCT and how it has to be adjusted

Yes adjusting the cam gears on a dyno is a must

I dont see a tune in your list that is what you should be adding not cam gears , i have one of the best SVT tunes out there

Tom

·
Registered
666 Posts
1turbofocus said:
No you wont see any gains from cam gears on a SVT as well as 9 out of 10 people that install them cant get them back right because of the VCT and how it has to be adjusted

Yes adjusting the cam gears on a dyno is a must

I dont see a tune in your list that is what you should be adding not cam gears , i have one of the best SVT tunes out there

Tom
He speaks the truth, I've had em all and I favored his.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea tom i was planning on getting ur tune last since wouldnt it make the biggest difference after i have ALL the bolt on

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i guess ur right plus u get better gas ill pm u when im ready to buy 1 tom

·
Registered
666 Posts
Good choice Superfly!

Id use up all the bandwidth on this forum telling you how much I loved Toms tune over the others, especially the most popular. The biggest factor about Toms tunes, you arent in the HIGH 14:1 air/fuel ratios like the most popular tune!

Toms tune is the best, hands down.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holding a pendant, swinging back and forth: "You car will run leeeeeeeeean....it will surge like craaaaaaaazy.....it will idle like it has huge caaaaaaaaaams and want to staaaaaaaaaaall....cold starts are a niiiiiiiightmare.....OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"
what that suppose 2 mean

·
Registered
295 Posts
Capitalization and punctuation are the difference between: "i helped my uncle jack off the horse" and "I helped my uncle Jack, off the horse."
That's all I have to say about that.

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
Dathlok X said:

that says it best LOL

that post was the [8] thing i've ever read [:p]

and yeah, you need to get tune!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts