Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about bringing it to a dyno and having them see what my trims are doing etc etc because i cant figure it out...and the dealership thinks I'm chasing ghosts. The same 50 mph problem with or without the system banging grrrrrrrr it's just annoying that's all.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'm thinking about bringing it to a dyno and having them see what my trims are doing etc etc because i cant figure it out...and the dealership thinks I'm chasing ghosts. The same 50 mph problem with or without the system banging grrrrrrrr it's just annoying that's all.
chasing a ghost?
"The same 50 mph problem with or without the system banging"

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I would get it fixed or at least looked at because it might be causing under lying damage.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Most annoying in my 2012 Focus is the hypnotic humming sound I hear between 55 and 70 MPH from the driver's front side of the car. Over 70 and under 55 MPH it disappears. Ford cannot find the cause.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just a lil stumble at 50 i cant explain it thought...like lack of fueling or something...that's why i might throw it on a dyno to see what the parameters are doing, I dont have a tuner yet and I dont know what they are doing.

·
Registered
291 Posts
both i suppose
Here are the problems I have had with my Titanium. They are still not resolved since reported to the dealer in early August.

Since my 1st oil change at 3,000 miles my 2012 Focus Titanium has used oil (not leaking) at a rate of 1.25 qts. per 4,000 miles. My current mileage is at 7,400 miles.

This Focus has lost the 1-touch system and driver's seat control, both now replaced. The 1-touch system reboots often.

Most annoying is the hypnotic humming sound I hear between 55 and 70 MPH from the driver's front side of the car. Over 70 and under 55 MPH it disappears. Ford cannot find the cause but replaced a wheel bearing. THe noise is still there. Several other 2012 Focus owners report the same noise. and concerns.

My gas cap cover keeps popping open while driving.

The window side posts plastic trim, on both sides, dimples where attached to the body of the car. This is especially noticeable in hotter sunshiny weather. [:(]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts