Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 zts ztec motor...when i take off from a start the car will shutter kinda bog down for a sec then speed up like normal. i drive about 60mph most of the time and when im up to speed it has no problem just when you first take off heres a list of things ive changed
fuel filter,fuel pump a year ago, pcv valve, cleaned the mass air flow sensor and intake,new plugs,wire,coil the rubber hose on the back of the intake. i took valve cover off to make sure it has'nt jumped time checked belt for teeth missing and tighness. its not throwing any kind of check engine light. and its driving me crazy thanks everyone [rant][rant][rant]

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
When you say it stutters, does the motor stutter or does it feel like the transmission is slipping? I've noticed a trend of shift solenoids going bad on a lot of guys, myself included. It started off with a little hitch in the giddyup and then started kicking out of gear.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Probably a worn out TPS. Since it's not a complete fail, you won't get a CEL on it. That's how TPS's generally go out.

By the rubber hose on the intake, I assume you mean the PCV hose. If not, then you should check that to be sure it's not collapsing at idle.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah thats the hose i was talking about just couldnt think of the name of it but yep replaced that too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts