Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had always thought that an ORP and flex were the same. But i was reading around and someone mentioned that they are not. I know what a flex looks like, but what does our ORP look like? Is there any performance gain from going to an orp?

Thanks guys.[ffrocks]

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
and orp replaces the cat converter and is basically a straight pipe.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
The ORP for a non SVT ZX3 will look just like a huge "L". Same as the catalytic shape but with a non restrictive flow for more POWA!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
and a check engine light,lolz

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Yeah, more power, but you won't be able to pass emissions testing if you get rid of the cat.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh gotcha. So basically you only need one if you have a shorty header and want to get rid of the cat? I'm going to either get a OBX 4-2-1 header or save another 2 weeks for Toms tune.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, and thanks for the info guys!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
go w/ the 4-2-1 header, then get tom to tune you for that too!!

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know... He'll tune the car for w/e I do to it after I buy it from him for free. Since I have a auto i'm dying to get my shifts beefed up at least.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
its a straight pipe that takes place of the cat. get a mil eliminator to ditch the cel. if you have emissions your screwed. luckily georgia dont.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't know if VA does.. But the guy I go to checks the lights and tires and im on my way. =)

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Well TX does and I don't have a cat. I have been passing for 3yrs now. The MIL eliminator gets rid of the check engine light and thats what makes you fail. Unless you state shoves something up the tail pipe to directly measure emissions you will pass with an MIL eliminator.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
get the headers first i am in the same boat the headers make a world of difference. and btw 18mm antifoulers will work as mil eliminators

·
Registered
800 Posts
^^ well a tune is like on the top 10 list of gods greatest inventions next to girls and bottle rockets, it turns ur car into the beast u always wanted it to be

knox

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A tune changes all sorts of things. Some examles are ignition timing, rev limiter, speed limiter, fixing the air fuel ratio(if you have a dyno slip showing what they currently are), and stopping certain codes appearing for when you put a header or what not on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts