Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok finally some good pics of my car

These are after I finally got it cleaned up with a few of my exterior mods. Tell me what you guys think.

Down way low...

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
get rid of those plates and the red sticker on the back window and you're all set.
nice ride!!
are those the stock rims on the st??? nice!!!, i never noticed them until now.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The paper plates from the dealer will go as soon as the plates get here I don't know what is up with the plates and I like my sticker so I think I will keep it. Thanks for the comment tho.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Really like the Liquid Grey paint. The Focus is a rare car in at least this one respect: it looks good either in somber colors like this (or my car's Pitch Black) or loud colors like Screaming Yellow.

I also really like the tint job - looks like very nice work. I'm going to get mine done as soon as I find someone here in Madison, WI who has good word-of-mouth for the quality of their work. I see so many lame-ass window tints! I also have to research what is legal here. I don't think I could get away with tinting as dark as yours where I live.

[The constables here will let you drive without any plates or muffler, they'll let you drive at night without headlights, they'll let you drive 90 in a 65 zone, they'll let you drive with a stereo loud enough to make one lose bowel control from 12 blocks away, but they get their knickers all balled-up into a wedgie if they can't see into your car.][mad]

Billet grille work looks expensive and very well executed; it makes the car look less cheap than standard-issue factory plastic, that's for sure. But I don't think I would choose it for my own Focus, though. If I had your car, I would stick the Ford blue oval back onto the billet grille. The treatment looks a little too massive without it. Just my opinion, of course. And I might even change my mind if I saw your car in-the-flesh, so to speak; photographs either tend to flatter a car or make them look worse than they really do, so I've learned not to totally trust them.

If I got billet aluminum grille work, I would likely go for a moderate diamond crosshatch pattern and have it black-anodized for a subtle dark satin metallic sheen, as opposed to a flat or matte finish, like would come from powder coating for instance. And back on would go the Ford badge. Dang me, but I like that classic blue oval.

Next, I would take a Sawzall to that factory spoiler. I have one on my car too and I hate the damned thing. No wonder it's called a "spoiler," because that's what it does to the lines of the car - reminds me of someone walking around with his butt up between his shoulder blades - and it does absolutely NOTHING functional whatsoever. (I wish Ford would offer "spoiler delete" options like GM does.) I'm now looking around salvage yards for a 2005 or 2006 Pitch Black Focus ZX4 S or SE that its owner piled into a tree - anything but rear-ended. I intend to take the spoiler-less trunk lid off the wreck and perform a remove-and-replace. I think that would be cheaper than having a body shop remove my spoiler, plug the holes, repaint, etc. I think I'm a minority of one, though. Every one else I have talked to likes the spoiler.

Lastly, get a hairdryer and peel off the decals from the rear window. Tacky! The "focusfanatics.com" decal on the lower rear "C" pillar glass is subtle enough; it looks fine there.

Oh, yes... I have a question for you... or anyone else reading this who might know...

Do the Silverstars work worth a damn? Are they really any better than stock?

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the silverstars work very good and are much better than stock... I have the fog lights obviously and when I turn my headlights and foglights on I notice that the headlights are way way whiter and way way brighter. I would reccomend them to anyone.

About my grille, yes I do wish that there was a Ford emblem in there because I am very partial to the emblem and wish it was there but I like the billet grilles and I don't want the fake cheap plastic in they sell with the Ford emblem in it... to bad they don't make one like mine with the emblem in it.

As for the factory spoiler, I love it. I hate aftermarket ones that look like an airplane wing because it just looks stupid. BUT everyone has their own prefrence so there is no bashing here about wings...LOL

I think I will take the lower stickers off in my back window because that does make it look like a bit much but the other stickers I kinda like. But thanks for letting me know your honest opinion is a subtle way.

Lastly, thanks for all your kinda words about my car, my grille, my tint, and just everything you complimented on.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
looks good, that grill is dif but fits very well. May want to look into painting your calipers, that would give it a cleaner, more detailed look. Nice car man!

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what color do u reccomend? I am going with red in the engine bay so do u think I should do red on the calipers too?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
i think red would look odd on the brakes. I would do either black or silver, or even a gunmetal to closely match the car.

·
Registered
484 Posts
nice honda sticker...around here though people are stupid and would key your car cause of it

·
Registered
484 Posts
i would put a huge as rap sucks sticker in my back window but i like my car...i have a rap sucks shirt and already get looks

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I'm seeing that grill more and more. It looks good.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will take the lower two off the rear window but thats it.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Nice color!! I absolutely love the liquid greys!!! Feeling those grills, I like it! [thumb]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts