Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for my 100th post i figured id ask a dumb question. dumb but i have not seen the answer anywhere so i will ask. considering the pzev's great reductions in pollution and what not, is this car safe to run inside a closed area like a garage or enclosed building? or would you still have to fear the carbon monoxide? i assume the car puts out alot less than normal and it would be safer to run inside for longer, but i believe it would still be ill-advised. anyone know for sure??

·
Registered
99 Posts
Try it![:D]

Personally, I thought I was risking it just by taking a sniff of the exhaust. But, that's just me, I suppose. It's not just you, teddyrob, I'm also curious as to how much of the death-inducing gasses the PZEV emits. Someone find some statstics so I can idle myself into a coma, already!

·
Registered
847 Posts
"To comply with SULEV standards, vehicles must produce 97% less hydrocarbons, 76% less carbon monoxide, 97% less nitrous oxides, and 90% less particulate matter than the Tier-1 standard."

SULEV is the standard the PZEV engine meets.

So it would take 76% longer to die from carbon monoxide poisoning! YAY!

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
great... so... now we know to use our volvo's instead of our PZEV's to carbon monoxide our enemies to death.

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
heh, when I went looking at the dealers for the PZEV, I was told by the salesman that the exhaust from the PZEV was actually cleaner than the air I was breathing. Hah I didnt want to test it though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts