Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just purchased a 2002 Focus SVT - however, it did not come with an owner's manual. I've looked at the manual online, but the specs only seem to be for the stock Z-TEC engine. I need to know what engine oil to use for my SVT and if anyone knows if there is a manual for the SVT model.

Can someone help?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Both the Focus user manual and the SVT supplament can be accessed online at this address: http://www.genuineservice.com/genuineservice/en/default?page=E4

Not an issue for you, but it seems to only have the supplament for the 2002 models; not that there were any noted changes, save the wheels and inclusion of EAP package.

That said, regular zetec (might as well point that out, people will jump on you for "ztec", "zetech", or any of the other common misspellings) takes 5w-20 oil, the SVT wants 5W-30. I personally use a partial synthetic blend which is still fairly inexpensive and protects well enough for any Focus.

EDIT: Where are my manners. [welcome] to FF mate.

Reactions: Piano Man

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
welcome to FF.com!! yes, in the SVT, you must use 5w30. most of us use Ammsoil, Mobil 1, or Royal Purple. i definetly suggest part-sythetic or full synthetic. i use Royal Purple; it increases HP and MPG.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I should also note that some people use the longer Motorcraft FL-2005 oil filter instead of the short FL-400S.
You can pick up the Motorcraft FL-2005 oil filter at Walmart for about $4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts